Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Case

Hello, I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubican Unlimited. It has a 4" lift kit. 50K. miles and runs perfect. I now have developed a noise in the transfer case. Comes in at about 15 MPH. and sounds like bycicle cards in spokes on a bike. Works and shifts perfect, just makes the noise that drives me nuts. It has the Rock-TracTM; NV241OR transfer case. I figure it is the output shaft bearing. Any ideas and can you pull the bearing out without pulling the case out of the jeep? Help Please.

Welcome to MJR! You may want to post this question in own of the tech sections. You'll have a better chance of the really smart guys reading it!

How's the wheeling around Muskogee?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

This may be what is reffered to as the angry sparrows, this is caused when the ball joint in the center ball in the cardan joint runs dry. Try spraying a little WD40 into the joint and see it it goes away. If it does you need to lubricate the joint and plan on rebuilding it.

Comment

Originally posted by cweed View Post
        This may be what is reffered to as the angry sparrows, this is caused when the ball joint in the center ball in the cardan joint runs dry. Try spraying a little WD40 into the joint and see it it goes away. If it does you need to lubricate the joint and plan on rebuilding it.
        I doubt it's "angry sparrows" because that sounds like angry sparrows. If it sounded like cards in bicycle spokes, people would refer to it as "cards in spokes"...

Although, people do have strange ways of describing sounds.

I would pop open the case and take a look. Have you tried wiggling things to make sure u-joints are good, and the yoke bolt is tight? Any leaking from the transfer case?
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
        X