Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally

i just got my internet back today and ive been dying to get back on here. you really do miss it after a month or 2. But i picked up my dream jeep for 100 bucks! its a 88 commanchee! it is in such poor shape right now. all the guards around the steering colum are gone and so is the ignition. and it took 2 weeks to clean out all the garbage ( 8 bags ) and the dead cat smell. it was in a farmers field. but im going to get a start on it here right away. im just going to keep it simple 6 inch lift, 35's, and the whole thing rock guarded! its going to be awsome!
    :devil: Giffer

Cool, I always liked the look of the Jeep comanches

Comment

Sweet! I need a steal on one of those. I'd swap all my XJ stuff over to it. Would be nice to have a truck.

Comment

Giffer - Is that 100 Canidian bucks or USD? What would that be in US dollars $66.00??

I wondered what happened to you, welcome back!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

that would be canadian dollars. i dont think i have ever seen 100 USD, haha. but i have a question to which i think i already know the answer but i should ask anyways. would the MJ be a uni-body like the XJ's are? i wouldnt imagine they are do to the box and all, but they are so close everywhere else i just want to be sure. it would be great to be able to do 6 inched in the suspension and another 2 the the body so i can tuck those 35 in nicely.

Comment

lets see some before pics!!!!!!!

Comment

http://s308.photobucket.com/albums/kk354/Giffer001/

this is after a LONG clean up.
              ( hopefully it works )

Comment

thats a pretty beat up truck! i like the branch sliders on the yj, very nice. whos black chevy is that? and the low riderish blue and white blazer? why arent they on 35's?

Comment

that black chevy is my 76. i was hoping for around 700 ponies when i was done but its way on the back burner right now. and that blazer is the biggest piece of ....... garbage ever. its going to the wreckers one of these days, i think tomorrow seem like a good day.
                  and the only think wrong with the comamche in the ignition and plastic on the steering colum and both bumpers are banged up. but there going to be replaced long before its back on the road. and and ive got no passanger tail light, but im goping to try and fabricate the once off the chevy to fit.

Comment

i have a 76 gmc coicidently. not nearly as nice shape. and a long box.

Comment

Can't wait to see that thing finished!
                      98 TJ 4x4, Auto, Hardtop, 3" ZJ lift, 32x11.5 BFG ATs, Pro Comp 15x8 series 97 wheels.

Comment

well before i get started i have to decide if im going to take all the goodies off the yj and put them on/in the comanche. like as is now its got a bench, where i would like the buckets, the cb, stereo, winch, rubber, etc.
                        or i can sell it and put the money towards the mj. some much time and money into that thing i would hate to do either.

Comment

DONT SELL THE YJ!!! sell those two chevs. then you will have a slick jeep yj, and a pickup truck for haulin stuff, which is also a slick jeep!!!!!

Comment

nah, i dont want 2 jeeps. it hard enough to get time and money in the same place for jeep not alone 2.

Comment

Working...
                            X