Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member / My LJ

Been lurking around and finally decided to join up and post an intro and some pics...

I've been the occasional wheeler since a little kid. A trip to Moab with a rental and the realization that I could finally afford my own toy pushed me over the edge last year.

So I scored a deal on a 2006 Unlimited and have been working on the build ever since. Right now its sitting on a 4.5" RE long arm, 33" Toyo MTs, 4.88s, ARBs, and some extra armor.

Next up is a new soft top, swing away, bumper(s), you know how it goes...

Cleghorn is the closest to me, so I've been up there quite a bit, but I've also been over to Calico and some of Big Bear.

I love the trail reports and maps you guys have here, lots of good info. Hopefully I'll make it out on some runs with some of you soon.

See you on the trail...

welcome. A few of us will be at big bear this weekend.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Sweet Jeep. Shame it isn't flexy!
      Last edited by JJsKJ; 08-28-08, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Nice LJ . . . cool pics too Hope to see you out on the trail one of these days.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Welcome aboard, your jeep ROCKS! Thanks for supporting the site.
          Sarah
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Nice pics from Cleg. You obviously rode alone since all your pics have the driver's seat empty (I know this from experience). Let me know when you are up for a run. Your Jeep is ready for anything in the San Bernardino Mtns.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome to MJR, Nice looking LJ. Cant help but notice you are running 4.88 on 33 tires. How do you like the performance? I am about ready to re-gear to 4.88 though I have a 6 speed man trans. Thanks
              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

welcome! like Sarah said, your jeep rocks!
                Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, all.

Malachi, I just may take you up on your offer. I work in Rancho, and lord knows, some mornings I just want to stay on the 15 and head up into the mountains... on the days you can see them, anyway.

Aside from Cleghorn, do you have any close by favorites?

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                  Welcome to MJR! Nice pics from Cleg. You obviously rode alone since all your pics have the driver's seat empty (I know this from experience). Let me know when you are up for a run. Your Jeep is ready for anything in the San Bernardino Mtns.

Comment

Just down the road from Cleghorn is 2N17X and 2N33 which offer moderate wheeling around Silverwood lake and then on up into the mountains. Nice area w/ great views. Can't go wrong.

Comment

mrchips - I really like the 4.88s with my 33s. It is plenty torquey in low, can get off the line pretty good, and I can still manage 80 on the fwy without shooting the revs too high. The auto makes a difference though... I'm told you need to go lower with the auto. 4.56 might be the way to go for the manual. If you might up to 35s or don't do a lot of hwy driving then 4.88s could work as well.

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                      Welcome to MJR, Nice looking LJ. Cant help but notice you are running 4.88 on 33 tires. How do you like the performance? I am about ready to re-gear to 4.88 though I have a 6 speed man trans. Thanks

Comment

Welcome aboard! Good to have you as a member! Great looking Jeep you have there. See you on on a run soon!
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

nice jeep! but... I think those pics have been photochopped!
                          :devil:
                          Welcome to MJR!
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Guilty as charged. You've got a keen eye. The last one was actually taken up on a curb at the mall! :wink:

Comment

Thanks Redburn,,,,,
                              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                              X