Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy!

Hi All,

I bought my first Jeep over the weekend, and now I'm immersed in the steep learning curve!

It's a '79 CJ-5, 4" lift, 33" tires, Lock-Rite rear differential, Terra-Low 4-1 T-Case, Tom Woods front drive shaft, power steering added and lot's of other little touches like 1/2 safari doors, the big jack, custom rollbar, fire extinguisher, Ford 300 ignition/dist/rotor blah blah blah.

Current needs: The odometer doesn't work (speedo does), and of course the fuel gauge and temp gauge don't either. Although the previous owner added an aftermarket temperature gauge some time ago so I'm okay there.

I have a new gauge set on the way, and plan to just hook up the odometer for now (and the lights of course), but will wait to troubleshoot the intracacies of the fuel/temp gauge/fuel sender later when I have some time and can drop the tank (yes I've been reading all about those gauges).

Anyhow - Hello! I'm up in Alpine and look forward to playing off-road. We plan o use it mainly on our Winter desert trips to Plaster City, Ocotillo Wells etc...

Later!

-- Warren in Alpine
    '79 CJ5
    Last edited by Warren; 08-13-08, 11:18 AM.
    -- Warren
    1999 SE

Hey Warren, Welcome to MJR. This is a great forum! Lots of good stuff here. Your Jeep sounds great!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
    X