Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my lift

Completed install of my lift (almost) but ran into a bump on the rear end. Does it matter if the shock body is on top or bottom and the rear springs don't seem to fit correctly, they are kind of bent and just look too small in the buckets. Lift is RE 4.5 superflex on '06 tj. Any input would be great! Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by TMG View Post
    Completed install of my lift (almost) but ran into a bump on the rear end. Does it matter if the shock body is on top or bottom and the rear springs don't seem to fit correctly, they are kind of bent and just look too small in the buckets. Lift is RE 4.5 superflex on '06 tj. Any input would be great! Thanks in advance.
    You can run the rear shocks up or down . . . I've heard that with certain types of shocks having the shock body down is better as it's less prone to leak. I had to run mine up as the shock was too close to the spring perch otherwise and once I put the shock relocators on, I was too lazy to flip em! As far as the springs, some pics would help. Stupid question, but they are the rear fatter and shorter when compared to the front???
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

what kind of shocks you running?
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Yes, they are the shorter shocks. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow, it may take a while cause I'm new at this computer stuff. And to answer the other question I have the rubicon express twin tube shocks for 4.5/5.5 lift. When I looked at the the shocks next to the tail pipe I dont think they can be mounted with the shock body at the top. Again, I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Thanks again.

Comment

You are going to really love that lift.
          :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Working...
          X