Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Columbian in So Calif

After looking at jeeps for almost 5 years, I finally got one.

Here it is:

It is an '04 X with the Columbia package, 5sp, hardtop.

It is a couple of weeks old and has received a bunch of mods. The factory tires have been replaced with Goodyear MTRs and the "trunk" is packed with offroad gear.

So far the new baby has just passed the 1,200 mile mark in 15 days with a trip to El Mirage and a trip to Johnson Valley today.

I am looking forward to putting a few more offroad miles on it before the year is over.

Last edited by cc2; 12-27-03, 09:35 PM.

Cool Jeep! Welcome to MJR! Glad you found us. El Mirage is a cool place, you gotta check it out when the speed trials are going on. See you on the trail.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

nice looking jeep! welcome to the forum
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Welcome aboard! It's always great to see a Jeep out on the trail before the license plates even comes in the mail! Glad to see another Jeeper who's ready for the trails.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sweet JEEP...WELCOME!

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

What is the Columbia Package?
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              What is the Columbia Package?
              google is your friend :yawn:

Columbia Sportswear Company and the Jeep brand announced today that they are teaming up to offer the new limited-production "Columbia Edition" Jeep Grand Cherokee, Liberty and Wrangler. Available in both the United States and Canada, vehicles will begin arriving at dealerships this fall.

The "Columbia Edition" Jeep Grand Cherokee, Liberty and Wrangler feature premium wheels, two-tone exterior treatment, special trim and distinctive Columbia badging. Interiors feature two-tone seats with an embroidered Columbia logo and unique accent trim.

Every "Columbia Edition" Jeep vehicle purchased will come with a complimentary Columbia Bugaboo parka featuring a zip-in Chehalis or Shoshone fleece vest. All garments are available in a variety of sizes and colors.

The Jeep Wrangler "Columbia Edition" features 15-inch graphite painted aluminum wheels, graphite fender flares, fog lamps and new Columbia badging. Inside are Dark Slate and Khaki two-tone seats with the Columbia logo and silver painted instrument panel accents. The Jeep Wrangler "Columbia Edition" models are available in Black, Bright Silver, Flame Red, Solar Yellow and Patriot Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                google is your friend :yawn:
                BAH!! I dont need your stinkin google!

Sounds neat!
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Cool Jeep! So Cal is a great place for Jeeps! All kinds of terrain from mild to wild! For the really adventurous there's even Post-Christmas shopping traffic at the malls
                  It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                  and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

The Columbia Edition is package with a bunch of options that upgrades the basic X model to a Sport. It MSRP at $2,000 but there is a discount built in so it actually wind up costing under $1,000. It includes a few unique items such as two tone seats, the graphite fenders and graphite painted wheels. The tires were standard Goodyear GSA 29" and they had to go quick. Swapped them out at 400 miles. Overall it is quite a bargain if anyone was in the market for an '04. It puts the price of a nicely equiped 6 cyl at under $17k (alloy wheels, 7 spkr CD radio, console, fogs, carpet, mats, courtesy lights)

I've owned a Chevy Z71 4x4 awhile back and while it was off road capable it does not come close to what this basically stock jeep can do. I am really looking forward to running some of the old trails again and exploring new ones.

So California is a great area. I have made day runs down to the Mexican border and parts of Death Valley. It is simply amazing to find so many offroad routes available in this area. These next few months are ideal for desert runs so I am ready to go.

Comment

Death Valley! Yes, we need to plan a run there or on the Mojave Trail this winter.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Looks like a few of us will be getting together in Anza Borrego this weekend...look here:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...&threadid=1140

Goodtimes used to wheel with us a few months ago, but moved to Az...so its going to be cool to see him again

would be nice to meet you!

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Nice Jeep cc2. Welcome to MJR
                          *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                          Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                          Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Welcome aboard cc2 and sweet jeep!

Comment

nice (but too clean) wheels. Check out the calendar from time to time
                              Welcome
                              of all the things I've lost, I miss my
                              mind the most

Comment

Working...
                              X