Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NZ member

Hey there I'm Lincoln Prouting. I'm the guy that is going to the states and would like to do some 4WDing. I arrive August 15th and leave late July 2009.

I drive a 1993 Suzuki Vitara/Escudo SWB out here in NZ. Only been on 2 trips in my own car. I have been going out 4wding with my mum since I was about 8. I am now 17 and turning 18 in December.

I will be staying in Calipatria.I'm looking forward to it and hope to get out there to really experience some 4wding in another country.

cheers

Lincoln Prouting
    Can't think of anything funny here as I am not inspired right now

Welcome aboard! I had to look up Caliptria to understand where it is at. It's in the Salton Sea area. That is a great place to go wheeling! You should have a great time. What part of NZ are you from? I'm sure that we can get some folks for you to ride with. Will you have internet access when you get here? Get ready though, Calipatria is a LOT hotter than the Kiwi lands!
    Last edited by Mike; 06-09-08, 11:42 PM. Reason: Details...
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Yea i will have internet access when i am there. So i can get emails and send them etc. Im from Auckland, well North Shore which is just over the harbour. My dad lives in northland. about 60 miles north. Yea i was told that it is going to be heaps hotter than what i'm used too. Not too humid is it?

Comment

So what is the price of fuel like over where im going too? or is it much the same every where?

Comment

Welcome!

Let's see, yesterday I saw a Cheveron station with Regualar gas at $4.50.9 USD per gallon. Do you call it gas or petrol in NZ
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

Don't forget what you told me about gas prices. It ain't no thing. Ha Ha

Mitch

Comment

we mainly call it petrol. but we say gas as well. guess thats what happens when you have so many different races of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincooln View Post
                Yea i was told that it is going to be heaps hotter than what i'm used too. Not too humid is it?
                100°F to 115°F (35°-50°C)is common in the summer (May to September) Typically low humidity but in the late summer (August/September) humidity can be high from weather fronts coming in off the Gulf of California.

Comment

are you kidding me 50 degrees celsius? jesus i thought it got bad here in canada. some times it hits 45, and i get killed! but hitting 50 on a regular basis, that must be deadly!

Welcome btw! i met a few good kiwis while i was backpacking europe! know a guy named alex from auckland? my boss is from NZ aswell, cant remember what city, i think hes on the south island... not too sure

regardless, welcome and i hope you find the 4wheelin your lookin for, id help if i could but im about as far from cali as you currently are!

Hurricane

Comment

well i think somehow i am going to need to drink bucket loads of water then. I hate it when its 30°C. dam. oh well.

Well i know about 3 Alex's. Guess that would happen whens theres about 2 million people in Auckland. But thanks for the welcome. You guys seem better than most forums in New Zealand, thats for sure.

Comment

his name is alex blakely (spelling?) he drives a 1960's era mini cooper, and he plays drums in the police pipe band. hes a cool kid.

Comment

Welcome

I live about 32k away from Calipatria. Summer time temps go from 43.3 c to 51.6 C. Its so toasty you cant do much in the summer except get out of the desert. Today will be 110F (43C)

Winter theres lots of wheeling to be had.

When you get here welcome to shake n bake!
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

I don't know know him but I may know some one who may know him. haha my brother also has a mini. Though it is a 1976 LE.

Well I guess I should start wearing 3 jumpers now, start getting used to the heat. haha

Sweet looking forward to winter then.

Comment

Welcome

Hey Lincooln,

Some NAXJA guys are planning an over nighter in Corral Canyon. That's down near Calipatria I think.
                            Mid July. Could be right up your alley if nothings going on MJR.
                            Check out the string:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=956690

And Welcome,
                            Scott

Comment

Corral is no where close to Calipatria its a couple hrs drive. Out of curiosity Lincooln what brings you to Calipatria ? That place is way out in nowhere with nothing much todo....
                              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                              WEB site

Comment

Working...
                              X