Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MJR

I live in Oak Hills in Southern California. I have 2 Jeeps, a 69 CJ5 with V6 225 and 16 forward gears and is a forever work in progress. I also drive a 95 XJ Cherokee that is my mild trail vehicle and daily driver. I am semi retired but work about 20 hours a week as a Realtor at Oak Hills Properties. Since I work most weekends getting together with others has been a challenge. I am off Mon, Tues, Weds but have been hesitant to go to far out by myself. I live just off the "Rim Trail". I am a member NAXJA and a retired D37 Desert racer.
    Gregg Turk
    West Oak Hills
    greggturk.com
    95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Hi Gregg, welcome aboard! Your jeeps rock!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

welcome greg , i sometimes can get away from work during the week with little notice will keep in touch and and sneak out in the near future if you like and hit some trails .....

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
        welcome greg , i sometimes can get away from work during the week with little notice will keep in touch and and sneak out in the near future if you like and hit some trails .....
        Thanks, I'm new at this and I trailer the CJ behind the motorhome since the 80 inch wheelbase is very scary at any kind of speed. I have gone to Calico once but was hesitant to go too far by myself. I'm going to the Victor Valley 4x4 meeting tomorrow night and try to get plugged in with some locals as I need to learn a lot. After 40 years racing on two wheels this 4 wheel deal is very strange.
        gregg
        Gregg Turk
        West Oak Hills
        greggturk.com

Comment

Welcome!From a fellow CJ owner AND a High Desert Resident! I think the HD membership is the largest of all the geographical areas! There's nothing but great people here on MJR. You're gonna be very pleased.
          Last edited by Roger; 06-02-08, 07:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to spell check - Again grrrr!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Welcome!From a fellow CJ owner AND a High Desert Resident! I think the HD membership is the largest of all the geographical areas! There's nothing but great people here on MJR. You're gonna be very pleased.
            Thanks Roger, I have spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. Many weekends at Anderson Dry Lake for desert races. I still run out there for a Depot Burger on a regular basis!
            From my house in Oak Hills it is a very short run to Lucerne. Cougar Buttes is my favorite camping spot.
            gregg
            Gregg Turk
            West Oak Hills
            greggturk.com

Comment

Welcome aboard Gregg! Hope to see you out on the trail soon!
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                Thanks, I'm new at this and I trailer the CJ behind the motorhome since the 80 inch wheelbase is very scary at any kind of speed. I have gone to Calico once but was hesitant to go too far by myself. I'm going to the Victor Valley 4x4 meeting tomorrow night and try to get plugged in with some locals as I need to learn a lot. After 40 years racing on two wheels this 4 wheel deal is very strange.
                gregg
                Don't worry Greg, we will help you out with the transition and welcome to MJR. And I will see you tonight at the meeting. Matt2001TJ member of VV4W
                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Welcome to MJR Greg.

Scott

Comment

Welcome... Yea!!!!! another XJ!!

Comment

Welcome to MJR!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for the welcome. I'm really new at this and was totally over whelmed by the VV4W meeting last night. I didn't understand much of what they talked about but it sounded like fun. I really enjoy the building/mechanical side of Jeeps but am looking forward to trying some mild trail running and learning. Since I have the XJ for comfortable trail running I think I'd like to build a tube buggy or build a dedicated trail rig of some kind. Since it costs me a lot of $$ to take a weekend off I'm trying to figure out how to make that work with the offroad runs. I think once I get a little more knowledgeable about event scheduling I'll try to take one weekend a month off. I thought last night at the meeting I wouldn't be able to be a part of the club but as I think about it perhaps I can.
                        gregg
                        Gregg Turk
                        West Oak Hills
                        greggturk.com

Comment

Gregg, it took me a while to get used to the meetings and to be able to understand them. Hang in there and it will all come to you one day

Comment

Welcome Gregg, hope to see on the trail soon

Comment

welcome to the club. The easiest way to do it is to just jump right in. You won't find a more helpful group of people around. Im just down the road from ya and hopefully we'll see ya on the trail.
                              An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X