Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK so whats next?

i am wondering what i do next? i am running out of ideas. here are my specs.
    oba
    4inc lift
    33 ats
    cb
    bumpers
    lights
    bed lined
    any suggestions for a tight budget? or any ideas that you want me to try? let me know.

i want this jeep

do you have lockers? Aussies are amazing for how much they cost.

Comment

no not yet i want to get better axles first, planing on a set of 44s or a 44 8.8 as soon as i can find something. was kinda looking for some thing to do on the cheep side.

i want this jeep

Comment

If you have a short arm lift you could box in the front lower control arm mounts:dunno: Something I really want to do soon . . . they make the plates (3/8 or 1/4 I forget) to fit for 25 to 30 bucks, but you could probably cut them to fit with some scrap metal for next to nothin' if you've got the tools/know-how.

Nevermind . . . forgot you have a YJ. I'm sure you could find something underneath that might need a bit of armor???:wink:
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by 92yj View Post
          no not yet i want to get better axles first, planing on a set of 44s or a 44 8.8 as soon as i can find something. was kinda looking for some thing to do on the cheep side.
          I agree on the Aussie locker comment. It is a world of difference. I am running a D30 up front with an Aussie and I haven't had any problems yet. I have had a whole lot of fun with it and they are pretty inexpensive comparitively.

I also agree with Schmo, armor is a REALLY good thing. An oil pan skid should be on every Jeep that rolls over any rock bigger than a baseball.

My :2:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

OK i will need a oil pan skid, so that settles it that's next.

i want this jeep

Comment

I'd have to say that good rocker protection is more useful than an oil pan skid (but then I've never tagged my oil pan)
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

There is an 8.8 in the for sale section....Otherwise I would 2nd rocker protection
                Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

got the rockers already.

i want this jeep

Comment

Hmm, what's your budget?
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

not much. but i do have some materials and i do all the fab work my self. so i think i will make an oil pan skid.

i want this jeep

Comment

I was planning on going with an oil skid, but then started seeing the engine skid which covers the oil pan and goes all the way back and ties into the belly skid . . . I think I'm going that route instead. Seeing that you're making it yourself the difference in cost should be minimal . . . why not go all out and button her up??? :dunno:
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                        X