Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An UPgraded Mr. Green!

I finally broke down and bought a taller lift. The two inch suspension lift just can't keep up with the trails that we want to run. Desert Jewel seems very happy with her new lift so I thought that I would give it try. I got the Pro Comp Dual Sport 4" Long Arm Suspension and I am amazed at the difference. It's like a totally new Jeep, so I am posting pics on this thread.

Apple Valley Town & Country Tire installed the lift. Totally unsolicited pimping here... they did a Great Job! Jason at AV T&C is very knowledgeable on lots of lifts, and since NO ONE (except peteyg) has put one of these lifts in before, I shopped carefully. I also liked that I was quoted a price - a lower-than-most price -, and even though it took them longer to put it in than expected and they did some extra clean up work due to the damage that my undercarriage has taken, I still paid the quoted price. I highly recommend this company for any lift that you are considering. (This has NOT been a paid announcement )

Okay. Enough of that...

Sharon and I took the new and improved Mr. Green for a trial run on Saturaday afternoon. I had to work Saturday, so it was 4:30pm when we left the house. We headed to Cleghorn since it is close AND there is Silverwood Sushi near the end of the trail. :wink:

We aired down and disconnected at the exit off the 15. The one thing that I do not like about the new lift, is the quick disconnect design. If you have a favorite disconnect, PM me. I think that I will be in the market soon.

One thing that I REALLY like about the new lift is the adjustable shocks that you can order with it. Firm up for the pavement, and soften up for the rocks! Rides like a Cadillac on the rough stuff now. It's amazing!

Okay, enough talk, here is Mr. Green before the lift:

This is Mr. Green after the lift when we were airing down:

Don't the tires look small now? I eventually will need to do something about that.

Another Before and After, this is Mr. Green after the new tube fenders (we won't discuss why I needed to get them):

Same rock on a much higher line:

We by-passed all but the toughest side-trails so that we could test the new lift (and make good time to the Sushi place). Mr. Geen made the whole thing feel like a paved road! I love the new lift. Near the end of the trail, a particularly inconvenient boulder has challenged us on every pass through this trail. I took a line that went directly over it on this occasion. I got the first scratch on the new belly skid, but the rock was no challenge otherwise. In my mind, it was appropriate that the first scratch came from that rock though.

The few pics that we took are at this link. The pics are in reverse order (Still playing with the Photobucket options) and most of them are Sharon's shots of the flora on the trail, but here they are:
    http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ift%205-17-08/

PS: BTW, this is for Dirtman13 (aka The Bird Chaser), we saw several hawks levitating on the thermals while on the trail. Not sure what kind of hawk this was, but Sharon caught some good pics:
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

nice I like it. what kind of tube fenders did you get??
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
      nice I like it. what kind of tube fenders did you get??
      Custom from Zesty Fabrication in Rivrside, CA. 300 bucks made and installed. I have the only square stock tubing that he has done. He said that he didn't want to do any more... Too time consuming. I'm very happy with them.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Congratulations Mike. Mr. Green is looking mean. Are sure that’s not a Red Tail. It looks like it from the color of his head.
        Check out .

Comment

Mr. Green, MK1 Mod 0. Let's go get him all twisted somewhere... Congrats!
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

nice mike now i am def the smallest one lol mr green is looking real good
            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Mr. Green is lookin good!!!

I have dealt with Town & Country tire for about 15 years now. It's the only place I go. But I have never had a lift put on. I will keep them in mind when I can finally ditch my 2" lift.

Scott

Comment

nice lookin great...

Comment

Both Town & Country Locations (VV & AV) are great! I've been dealing with them for at least ten years.

I was wondering what size tires you are currently running? It is hard to tell by the photos.
                  Last edited by Roger; 05-19-08, 12:43 PM. Reason: forgot to check spelling duh!
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Nice lift! Now, I AM worried about where you will go now.
                    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Congrats Mike . . . Mr Green looks SWEET. Looking forward to our next trip so I can check out all the goodies!
                      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Penny thinks Mr. Green looks hot.....albeit, a heck of a lot more difficult to follow. I know wonder who will take the most extreme lines.....Rat, Max or MR GREEN!
                        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

looks really good, congrats:drool:

Comment

Sweet!!!! Woohoo!! Just in time for a holiday weekend
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

I was wondering what size tires you are currently running? It is hard to tell by the photos.
                              Roger...Mr Green has the Desert Jewel's 33" MTRs

Mr. Green looks awesome Mike & Sharon!! We're gonna have to go do some serious wheeling now I know you are really going to enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                              X