Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Cj5

Hey ALL, this is my Jeep. It has a 258 rebuilt motor with RV cam, Borla Headers and Chevy V-6 Throttle Body Fuel Injection. Behind the motor sits a T176 matted to a 4:1 Dana300 case. This turns Tom Woods drive shafts to the 1986 Cj7 Dana 44 Wide Track. Inside the 44 is a 4:56 gears and detroit locker. The front is a stock Dana30 with 4:56 gears and a Lockrite. Lift is Deaver YJ 4.5" lift springs riding on Bilstein front 5150's and rear 5100's. All four corners are disk YJ boosted power brakes. I am running 15x10 Allied Beadlocks rims with 35x12.5x15 MTR's. Inside is a full family cage to the dash and completely rebuilt dash with custom gages. Jeep has been wired with complete Painless kit. Custom rear bumper with tire carrier, Jerry cans and duel Ice chests. Front bumper is in front of a Warn M8000 winch. Soon all the parts will be moved to a project CJ7.
    Last edited by Domer1; 05-08-08, 01:10 PM. Reason: updates

From one CJ owner to another, WELCOME!!

This is a great place with really great people!

Tell me about your CJ7 project, what year? Engine? Tranny? What you plan on doing, you know - tell all!!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Well basically everything but the tub, top, cage, fenders, hood, rear bumper and windshield frame will be moved over to my YJ tub. I have a Cj7 frame that I had blasted and I POR 15'd it. The tub will fit with some mount adjustments. I found a flawless stock hood and windshield frame that will replace the dented ones I have now. Dont like bondo. I in turn will also get a tailgate so my fixed tire carrier, can cooler bumper will have to go to a swingout style. I plan to sell my T176 tranny and get a Ford 2 wheel drive T-18 to mount to my Dana300. Gotta love that granny gear.

Comment

Welcome, now that is a SWEET lookin jeep!hope to see ya on a trail sometime..Geeb
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
        X