Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.a.f.n.g.

OK here goes. I'm new to this forum, but not new to wheelin. Here are a couple images of my rig...

I live and work in Orange County. I try to go wheelin every weekend. I'm into photography and have a wheelin website for the images I take. It's www.hiredassassinphotos.com

It will be fun having a new group of wheelers to tell my lies to.
    Last edited by cmjrfan8; 05-07-08, 05:38 PM.
    2006 Rubicon Unlimited
    Lifted, Locked, and Armored for Rock

welcome cmjrfan8!

Now I guess since you have joined, the first lier won't stand a chance! Great looking rig. Where were the photos taken? Some of the areas look kinda familliar!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Top 2 images were taken in Sandstone Canyon near Borrego Sprgs, 3rd image is from Doran Canyon in Calico, and the 4th is the rock garden on the west end of Holcomb Creek in Big Bear. But you never know I could be lying!
      2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Hey neighbor, nice images. I am enjoying off road photography also...or at least, my Land Rover club is! Ends up being a lot of work at the end of a hot dusty day.

What do you shoot with? I'm using a well used 20D and a new 16-35 F2.8 "L" that I am really enjoying.

Let me know next time you and your group are heading out. We are new to our Jeep and need some more seat time in it.

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

welcome to mjr good lookin rig ..Geeb
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Lies are good. If you can jeep remembering them... Nice rig. welcome to MJR.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                Hey neighbor, nice images. I am enjoying off road photography also...or at least, my Land Rover club is! Ends up being a lot of work at the end of a hot dusty day.

What do you shoot with? I'm using a well used 20D and a new 16-35 F2.8 "L" that I am really enjoying.

Let me know next time you and your group are heading out. We are new to our Jeep and need some more seat time in it.

I shoot with a 30D, and a viriety of lenses. Most of the time though, it's my 24-70 f2.8L, or my 70-200 f2.8L IS.

My usual wheelin budy is a member here. We might be going to Ratlesnake Canyon, near Big Bear, on Saturday. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
                2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

To everyone else who posted up saying "welcome", thank you, and thanks for the compliments on my rig.
                  2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by cmjrfan8 View Post
                    I shoot with a 30D, and a viriety of lenses. Most of the time though, it's my 24-70 f2.8L, or my 70-200 f2.8L IS.

My usual wheelin budy is a member here. We might be going to Ratlesnake Canyon, near Big Bear, on Saturday. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
                    Cool! I am totally available this Sunday to do Rattlesnake if that works. Which route do you take, ending up at Arrowhead, or down toward Pioneer Town?

I've only done Rattlesnake once, and I was not the leader, so my knowledge of the area is a bit hazy. Here are photos of our run last year:
                    http://nwoods.smugmug.com/gallery/3055004_PDPf2

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I've never done this trail, so I have no idea which way we would run it. After consulting my Wells guide I'm actually leaning more towards Heartbreak Ridge for the main run, with a side trip to Rattlesnake if time permits. Acording to the book if we do Heartbreak ridge and then take 2N02 over to rattlesnake we would pop out at the south end of ratlesnake. I may be wrong but I don't see where Rattlesnake comes anywhere near Arrowhead lake, could you clarify that any? Anyway, It could be either Saturady or Sunday for me. I would prefer Saturday. It all depends on what my buddy decides. If he wusses out I'd be down for you and I making the run Sunday. Let me know. I see you live in YL. I would be driving out on the 91 to get there. We could meet up somewhere off the 91????
                      2006 Rubicon Unlimited

Comment

Hey, good seeing ya here! Man, you do take the best pictures out on the trail. Just to let ya know, I'm planning on heading on out to upper Coyote Canyon and Horse Canyon later this month. See ya on the trail!

Comment

Working...
                        X