Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ to JK in CO - New member

Hey all,
    I'm fairly new to Colorado. I've got a new, JK and am ready to sell my CJ-7. Goodbye big rocks, hello camping/exploring. Goodbye whiteknuckles at 60mph, hello airconditioning at 80mph. Goodbye earplugs, hello having a good time with the kids (and hearing them). Goodbye8-12mpg, hello 18-22mpg. Goodbye V8 :sad:

Last edited by mizedog; 04-01-08, 08:51 AM.
    '76 CJ-7 spring over, locked, D44,D60,D300
    '08 JK 4 door, 2.5" RC BB, Flameball shiftknob(woo hoo!).

Hey Kurt, welcome aboard. Colorado rocks! This past August we did the Ouray trails. Totally amazing. That JK will do more than you think. We had to rent one (2-door) while we were out there for over a week - and it didn't stop us from doing anything we had planned to in Rick's CJ-7. And they drive like you're sitting on a cloud hehe
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Miz welcome....Hows co treating you? You miss old CA at all?
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Welcome,

I bet you will miss the CJ after she's gone!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR!!! I'm hoping to make it out to CO and do some wheelin' one of these days . . . one of the places I'm considering relocating to depending on what happens with my job . . . how do you like it out there? The JK is nice, but I agree with Roger . . . keep the CJ too!
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
            I think Spring's coming around. But, it's slow. Yesterday it started at 32 degrees with snow, was super icy through Black Forest, but became sunny in Co Springs, then snowed 3 or 4 times during the morning, then was sunny again. The snow melts/evaporates really quickly here. There were people playing golf by 3:00!

Anyway, I'm planning on catching some big trout and panning for gold this summer. I'm hoping to put some 33's on the new Jeep soon and build a cheap from bumper.

I'm getting spring fever and am ready to get out in the mountains!! Yes, you can wheel all winter in SoCal. I do miss that.
            '76 CJ-7 spring over, locked, D44,D60,D300
            '08 JK 4 door, 2.5" RC BB, Flameball shiftknob(woo hoo!).

Comment

Working...
            X