Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'day

G'day guys!, as My user name suggests, I'm an Australian, however I live in California with My wife in canyon country...I'll answer to almost anything, but Brad or Aussie works the best!

Recently, My wife and I bought an 05 jeep wrangler... we are what I would call EXTREME NOVICES!
    but hey we are all novices at some stage, but we're willing to learn and play...the jeeps got 35 inch tyres,(Yes thats really the way you spell tyres in OZ!lol) but its REALLY BASIC!!!! (at the moment) My wife, Lisa, and I are what are known as rock hounds (I'm sure thats not the first time you've all heard that name, so I won't explain it unless asked) but anyway , we needed the jeep to get to the good stuff and also, cause we both really like getting out there and doing different things.

so anyway thats a little about us... looking forward to meeting and talking and making some good friends

Brad n Lisa,
    (The Aussie)
    Last edited by "The Aussie"; 03-22-08, 03:30 PM. Reason: lol I printed the link to the smiley face and not the face

Welcome Aussie!

Sounds like you got a nice rig! Are you comfortable with the steering wheel on the wrong side though??

:bonk:
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

you came to the right place man. there are a lot of good, helpful, intelligent people. now get out there and have fun.

i want this jeep

Comment

the Wheel being on the wrong sides not so much a problem, but driving on the wrong side of the road. that can be tricky!

Comment

92 yj, we'll be taking the jeep for a little run in a few weeks I hope... with all things going to plan... any suggestions on a good place to start?

Comment

Welcome aboard! Next weekend is a big Calico run. You'll find it in the Trail Rides forum.

Do you like to eat at Outback? hehehe, sorry, had to, you don't have to answer that.

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by "The Aussie" View Post
              92 yj, we'll be taking the jeep for a little run in a few weeks I hope... with all things going to plan... any suggestions on a good place to start?
              calico, mojave, big bear, cleghorn. there are a lot of them i would go to calico if you can. it will be a good one, i wish i could make it.

i want this jeep

Comment

actually Sarah, I don't mind eating there... its funny how that restaurant doesn't exist in Australia though! lol same as everyone here says have a fosters!... you'll be hard pressed to find an aussie drinking that beer! you know its made in canada right! shakes head, I miss Aussie beer! *sigh*

Comment

so Im guessing your guys would know a lot of places where I can get work done on the jeep... at a reasonable price!? got a few things I need done, but being new, have no idea whats a decent price, and whats a rip off... any help in pointing Me too a good source would be grouse! thanks

Comment

mmm... castlemane... XXXX...
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by "The Aussie" View Post
                      so Im guessing your guys would know a lot of places where I can get work done on the jeep... at a reasonable price!? got a few things I need done, but being new, have no idea whats a decent price, and whats a rip off... any help in pointing Me too a good source would be grouse! thanks
                      diy man do it your self. that way you know how it works. and you get to have fun with tools. ooohhh i love to work on my jeep, tools got to love the, it gives me some stress release. i know that you are not close to my area but you are always welcome to my garage, and tools.

i want this jeep

Comment

I don't mind doing things Myself, but since coming to this country, I'm no where even Close to having the tools I left back in Australia, and no I couldn't bring them with Me, the weight alone would of left the plane on the tarmac!! lol, and nothing that plugs in would work in this country!

Comment

Welcome Mate, where from down under, what city, got a good mate that lives in Brizbane, (hope I spelled it correctly). I am a Brit, born in Africa, the other down under country.
                          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Brisbane... I was born in sydney and lived in melbourne for about 6-7 years... although I've been all over Australia... a brit, born in Africa! and to think I get stick for living in the states now from My aussie mates... you must get heaps!... however being a brit, you'll be used to an aussie calling you a pom right?

Comment

coughs chokes splutters... Castlemane!!! geez! I'll stick to the good ol' VB thanks all the same.... ""shaking head"" Castlemane! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X