Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to run around in either Dad's truck or Mom's stationwagon...dirt roads and the back of the property. I hated dirt bikes (thanks to a rotten little brother...same one who is helping with the windshield install 20+ years later). I scooted around on scruffy horses and ponies. Jeep is just a pony replacement. My brother says I am just as obsessed with the Jeep as I was with the horses.

Comment

Just for the record, there is no age limit for driving in off road areas (and no driver's license is required) so it is technically legal for someone under 16 to drive a jeep "offroad".

I'm sure there are plenty of them would not mind getting behind the wheel hitting some trails.

Comment

In my mind I'm only 16.
        Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

Originally posted by cc2
          Just for the record, there is no age limit for driving in off road areas (and no driver's license is required) so it is technically legal for someone under 16 to drive a jeep "offroad".

I'm sure there are plenty of them would not mind getting behind the wheel hitting some trails.

Most Trails are roads. 3n14, 3n16 yadda yadda. Every trail in Big Bear IS a road. That means all laws that can be applied apply - DUI, Licensing, etc. Heart Attack and Split Rock in AB are roads. The desert where there are not trails per se of course then would not be roads. You gotta be careful. I know a guy who rolled his Jeep on a trail and claimed it on his insurance, since it was on a road on a map it was covered. I would also be wary of letting a non licensed driver operate my licensed vehicle. Anything happens and you could be screwed.

Taht said every time my 14 year old goes with me I let him drive.
          Sean M Higgins

Comment

yah.. theres no age limit. cause when i was 15, i was driving my dads jeep out in the dunes. a lot of fun. but now i got my license. but yeah neways ive been pulled over on the way over.. for carrying people in the back. i guess its okay after a certain check point u can..
            Kiss my rear differential

Comment

That's in the dunes. No real roads, so that's fine.
              Sean M Higgins

Comment

Anyone here My age????

I'm sure there are plenty of young people who would love wheelin', just it's not exactly the chaepeat activity to participate in. Anyone here MY age??? I'm 49 goin' on 19...as many have said, you're never too old to go Jeepin'.

Remember though, be careful of us "old" guys... it's funny how you'll often find us ahead of you, waiting back at the campfire, beer in hand, at the end of the day! :confused: "How'd he do that?"

ha ha ha O)llllll(O

Capt. Jim
                www.JeepRocks.com and www.Jeep4x4.US

2003 TJ, 3" SL w/Nitro Shocks, P.A. 1" BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MML, JKS Quicker Discos, JKS Track bar, Firestone Destination MT 33"x12.5" meats on Tech1 15x8 Rock Crawler Streetlocks, K&N F.I.P.K., PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, Hi-Lift Jack, Hidden Hitches Hitch, Manik grill & brush guard,Pioneer/ JLAudio /MBQuart sound system and more coming...

"One Love, One Destiny. One Earth, One Chance! Symbiosis"

Comment

Re: Anyone here My age????

Originally posted by Captain Jim
                  I'm sure there are plenty of young people who would love wheelin', just it's not exactly the chaepeat activity to participate in. Anyone here MY age??? I'm 49 goin' on 19...as many have said, you're never too old to go Jeepin'.
                  aren't we ALL going on 19!?
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

As the Bud commercial says... True... True!!!

As the Budweiser commercial says "True... True". Only problem is sometimes the mind tells me I'm 19 and the body says "no you're not" I usually ignore that voice anyway and pay the next day!
                    Capt Jim
                    Last edited by Captain Jim; 01-14-04, 08:47 PM.

2003 TJ, 3" SL w/Nitro Shocks, P.A. 1" BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MML, JKS Quicker Discos, JKS Track bar, Firestone Destination MT 33"x12.5" meats on Tech1 15x8 Rock Crawler Streetlocks, K&N F.I.P.K., PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, Hi-Lift Jack, Hidden Hitches Hitch, Manik grill & brush guard,Pioneer/ JLAudio /MBQuart sound system and more coming...

Comment

Re: Re: Anyone here My age????

Originally posted by sarah
                      aren't we ALL going on 19!?
                      I wished I was Instead I'm already showing grey hair and that started when I was 19!!!
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

My wife says I'm only 12 mentally, does that count?

Comment

Thats funny.......

That's funny my wife says ALL men stop aging mentally at 12
                          Capt. Jim

Comment

Hey There! I'm 19, and I have been playin offroad since for a novice 3 years, so all of you kids out there that are in this southern/central CA area... let's all get togeather and have a little fun! Anyone have any good weekend spots? =)
                            one happy jeep lovin' kid

Comment

Our favorite So Cal areas are El Mirage (Plenty of wide open spaces and even the under 16 crowd can drive there) and Azusa Canyon (Short drive from most of the Los Angeles area).

We may try to make it down to Azusa tommorrow after the Pomona Auto Swap meet in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by cajeepgirl
                                Hey There! I'm 19, and I have been playin offroad since for a novice 3 years, so all of you kids out there that are in this southern/central CA area... let's all get togeather and have a little fun! Anyone have any good weekend spots? =)
                                depends on how far you want to drive! welcome to the site -- keep an eye on "Pitch a Tent" forum for all the goodies, or start a new thread for an area you'd like to visit!
                                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X