Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to the group

Hello, thanks for letting us join your group. I have an 85 CJ7 which my two boys (7 &12) have been helping with. We have rebuilt the entire drive train from front to rear and get out on the trails in California at least once a month.

I have been wheeling since I was 16 and have never had a bad time even when stuck in the deepest mud. Any day on the trail is a good day. Well hope to read your posts and get more ideas on what the boy's and I can do next to our own jeep.

Once again Thanks

Welcome to MJR. Let's see some pics of your CJ.
    Check out .

Comment

Welcome to MJR

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for welcome. I'll get some photos of our built not bought CJ7 posted this weekend.As this month comes to an end we have installed a twin stick shifter, hi-steer on the Dana 30, added additional tow points and started DIY beadlocks.

My oldest son has a 77 CJ5 which we welded the diff on last week and played in the snow at Bald Mountain. We get out a minimum of once per month aand try for more.

Let us know if you ever need a trail buddy. Any day on the trail is a better day than in the city.

Comment

Sorry Cweed (SeaWeed?) didn't see this until this morning. Thanks for the recommendation on the oil tube. I was thinking I could make a new one out of 3/8" brake line if it came down to it!

Welcome aboard, hope to wheel with you some day.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

No problem, building my jeep on a budget and too cheap to fork over that much money for something thatI can build, build better and enjoy doing it.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Comment

One more thought on the tube for the future. You could use 3/8 steel tubing and crimp on a tube collar (compression collar) using a compression fitting then remove the fitting and you have a tight tube stop. Now stainless steel would be cool, no paint/ no rust.

see Ya

Comment

Welcome Cweeed!

Hey! I own an '85 CJ7 also! Love it, wouldn't leave home without it! You'll find a bunch of great people here on MJR. My first trip out with a bunch of them and I had a little engine trouble. There were 5 guys under my hood helping me figure out what was wrong. Had the problem fixed in no time! No Jeep left behind!
                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                MJR moderator
                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Hey cweed! See ya on the trails this spring!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by cweed View Post
                      Hello, thanks for letting us join your group. I have an 85 CJ7 which my two boys (7 &12) have been helping with. We have rebuilt the entire drive train from front to rear and get out on the trails in California at least once a month.

I have been wheeling since I was 16 and have never had a bad time even when stuck in the deepest mud. Any day on the trail is a good day. Well hope to read your posts and get more ideas on what the boy's and I can do next to our own jeep.

Once again Thanks
                      Welcome aboard, it is great that you are working with your boys, we need more dads like that. Enjoy the post, great bunch. Hope to see ya down the trail.

Comment

welcome to a great Jeep site and great folks here.
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Welcome to the club
                          An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                          X