Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Squeek,
    I'm guessing you are in Ohio, Is that correct? Jeeps on the West coast generally don't suffer body rot from winter road salt. So if you buy an older jeep, check out the rust! I don't know Jeep prices in Ohio, but you might try www.Craigslist.com as a place to get an idea wht $5K will get you.

What is the off-roading like in Ohio? Do you have fairly easy trails or do you guys do rock crawling like here in the West?
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

thanks everyone for the good info, any other good advice i'm listening.

Comment

:hijack:

Well Materdaddy **POOF** yer 35 is now a 44!

Good thing you noticed that plug! :dunno:

no really, the 35 has an oval cover, and the 44 has some corners on it, kinda, and when Paul told me this for the first time I didn't think it would be so easy to see, but it is. The good thing is that most that are selling their nice stock jeeps don't realize what an upgrade that 44 axle is, and don't jack up the price for it, so I dunno if you want to make a big deal about it when you go to buy, just look under it, smile and move on...

:2:
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          :hijack:

Well Materdaddy **POOF** yer 35 is now a 44!

Good thing you noticed that plug! :dunno:

no really, the 35 has an oval cover, and the 44 has some corners on it, kinda, and when Paul told me this for the first time I didn't think it would be so easy to see, but it is. The good thing is that most that are selling their nice stock jeeps don't realize what an upgrade that 44 axle is, and don't jack up the price for it, so I dunno if you want to make a big deal about it when you go to buy, just look under it, smile and move on...

:2:
          See, exactly... I should go around telling people ONLY to look for a screw-on fill plug in the cover. Then I may be able to sell my D35 as a D44 to somebody [strike]stupid[/strike] less knowledgeable when I upgrade to a (real) D44 myself. :devil:
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
          X