Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a question ?

Hello my name is Rob, I have a 79 CJ 7 , 258cid, HEI with a total of 4'' lift, 1.5''with a shackle reversal from rough country and 2.5'' super lift. T150 tranny D20 TC, model 30 front axle, and model 20 rear axle, 33x12.50 15s MT classic IIs. What is sea foam, and how do you use it clean out your engine?

Hey Rob, Welcome!

I have not heard of sea foam for cleaning an engine. Although a friend of mine once submerged his 4x4 truck in the Pacific Ocean...
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by rob1979CJ7 View Post
      Hello my name is Rob, I have a 79 CJ 7 , 258cid, HEI with a total of 4'' lift, 1.5''with a shackle reversal from rough country and 2.5'' super lift. T150 tranny D20 TC, model 30 front axle, and model 20 rear axle, 33x12.50 15s MT classic IIs. What is sea foam, and how do you use it clean out your engine?
      Roger, Seafoam is a chemical additive to clean your engine. Although I personally don't use it, many shady -- uh, shade tree mechanics swear by it.
      Here is a link to their website
      Last edited by Russ Chung; 02-08-08, 12:50 AM.
      If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Actually theres lots of info out there on sea foam and the many ways you can use it to clean out your engine. There are A LOt of people that have had good reasults using it, not only on Jeeps but other vehicles as well. do a google search on it im sure youll come up with numerous testaments on it. you could also just head over to your local parts place and read the back of the can
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Supposedly water will do the same exact thing (clean out carbon deposits) when poured (slowly) down your throttle body. I have the same thoughts on it as it appears Russ does. A lot of people swear by it because it smokes like crazy when you put it through your engine, but I don't see a huge benefit and haven't done it on my 90K engine.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Yup ill concur with that, i havent used it ever and im to 199K on my Renix and my bro is at 184K in his HO.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
            X