Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

I am picking up my new "little friend" a 73 J4000 with a 360 this weekend it was one of the limited few with the hurst and 8 lug system from what I have been told ....... can anyone enlighten me to how much it is worth or give me a few pointers on how to go about getting it "decked" out.
    It was a one owner and has been sitting for a few years due to orginal owner going into retirement home .... is there anything major that i should have checked? It runs great, started right up after fresh gas, has orginal parts I'm told, has an UGLY camper on it that will be removed (where can I locate jacks for a slide in camper)

Thanks for your time and have a great day ....
    Keep it FUN

I would say if you needed to put in fresh gas, first thing you'd want to do is replace all fluids.

I'm sure a lot more will add comments...but be sure to add photo's when you get it!

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

Comment

Hey Newbie!

Start at the front bumper and work your way to the rear, checking everything, steering box, brakes, shocks, change all fluids,(front axle, engine transmission, transfer case, & rear axle). Check your wiring, turn signals, lights. Well I think you get the picture! It's 35 years old and could use some TLC.

Remember, Jeep: "Just Empty Every Pocket"
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
        X