Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Rugged Radio

I just bought a 2004 TJ 2 weeks ago and the CD player in it does not work. I've had the stock CD player replaced twice and my CD's keep getting stuck.

Does anyone have an after market stereo system that they recommend for the Jeep Wrangler? I bounce around so much that the knobs will have to be big enough to grab hold of. lol

thanks,
    deb

Hi Debbie, welcome aboard. We have a "consumer electronics" forum - you may be able to find some info there. I think the only solution to skipping/dirty CDs on the trail is an iPod or other digital media - as long as your radio has an earphone jack-type input, you're good to go! (and alot of them come with remote controls these days too)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Buy this radio:

http://reviews.cnet.com/in-dash-car-...-32330347.html

Here's why:

It has a USB port right on the front. You can put all of your music on a flash drive and plug it right in. No moving parts means no vibration issues, and no stucks CD's.

It also has an Ipod cable and will control your Ipod if you have one.

It is satellite ready.

It has a jack to accept any MP3 player.

It also has one of those antique CD player thingys

I have this radio in my truck, and it rocks. I use the USB port with a 2 GB flash drive, and it holds as much music as I want to listen to, and has all kinds of random shuffle options.

And it's under $200.

What more could you want?

Oh, and welcome
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Funny - I just bought one of those for my son's car.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Hey Debbie,

Welcome to MJR. I found out the hard way about stereo knobs and controls that you can't use while bouncing down a trail. My pioneer CD is fine, but forget the tiny flat knobs if you are moving.

Comment

If you're bouncing down a trail, the only button you need to find is the OFF button
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Thanks for suggestions everyone! I need all the support I can get. LOL

Comment

welcome to MJR Debbie! I think you will like it here, great folks! rock on!
                Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Welcome Debbie!

Looks like you got a lot of information for your question. I see you are in Adelanto. I work over at SCLA for the Airport Authority. Wave as you drive by the Airport!
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

welcome to MJR! I am using all this info as well
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X