Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new Jeep.

I've had a 94 YJ for a few years. We pretty much use it for off roading around the desert. Its pretty rough for day to day driving, but I use it around town some.

The wife wants to upgrade, and so do I. I am thinking of a newer TJ, but am leaning towards a Rubicon. We do a lot of wheeling in desert washes, and the sand is a problem for my non locking yj.

Standard TJ's don't lock do they?? I am hoping to keep the budget around $10 to $12K, but would go up to maybe $14K or so.

It seems better to buy a rig that is already pretty well built than do it myself. I am a contractor and could do the work, but with kids and my own biz, I am one busy guy. Looking at the prices of used Jeeps, I notice you don't get much for all the add ons when its time to sell...?

Am I on the right track here? Rubicons started in 03?
    Insert witty comment here.

check car max they had aout 6 rubis tjs all in really good shape you can tell they were never wheeled and all reosoably priced
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

2003 4x4 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
      For Sale By Owner
      Over $87,000.00 Invested ~ Reasonable Offers Accepted

JK!!! But seriously, I would definitely recommend going with a Rubi if you can and like dr.dirty said, you can find nice ones that have never been wheeled . . . especially here in SoCal where image is often prized over function. I picked up my 06 about 6 months ago with 12K on her and I couldn't be happier . . . when I got her she didn't have a scratch, not a mark underneath, and all the wheels where perfect . . . this has all since changed! Might be hard to find one for under 14K as I think you are right about them coming out in 03, but keep looking, especially with gas prices, you may find a steal out there. Seems to me though that at the end of the day, if you plan to really use it, then the Rubi is well worth the difference in price with the 4:1 transfer case, 44s locked F/R, etc. The internet is a great tool as you can find things in places you'd never look . . . I found my Rubi at a Mercedes Dealership in Calabasas off all places . . . go figure!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

A few scratches and even a little body damage would be fine with me. We scratch the paint on every trip so if that drops the prices then great.

Honestly I am looking to find someone who is in a little financial distress and take it off their hands.... I've seen a few stock units around, but nothing with a lift and aftermarket goodies yet. There's lots of TJ's around for around $10K even with toys added. But the more I read the more I am digging the idea of the beefed up parts and the Bigger locking 44. Some TJ's come that way as well if ordered like that?

Comment

have you checked MJR's Vehicles for sale forum? there are a few nice jeeps with goodies installed for good prices, stock TJ Rubicons do have the factory lockers, but the D44's they have are not quite the same, that's why they "improved" the 44's for the new JK's....

let us know if you want to sell the YJ, it would be better to give it to someone who wheels than to give it to the stealership....
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
            have you checked MJR's Vehicles for sale forum? there are a few nice jeeps with goodies installed for good prices..
            X2!

There is a pretty sweet TJ that GrimmJeeper91 is selling for his friend. ITs pretty sweet, locked, geared, ready to rock for 10k.

http://myjeeprocks.com/forums/showth...9710#post89710
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
              X2!

There is a pretty sweet TJ that GrimmJeeper91 is selling for his friend. ITs pretty sweet, locked, geared, ready to rock for 10k.

X2 On that Jeep. If I were in the market I would definitely be checking that one out.
              Check out .

Comment

Jeremiah at Hanson bumpers is selling his old TJ. I don't know the details of it, but he says he has $28K into it. He has it listed for $18K and its not selling. Here is a pic of it. It has been further modified since this pic.
                http://www.hansonoffroad.com/images/...00_0027-01.jpg
                Last edited by 4point; 11-30-07, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                  X2!

I pm'd him for additional pics. So far that is the best I've seen. And its the right color, Mama says she wants red! I'm not in a huge hurry, but have cash on hand when a deal pops up.

I will take some more pics of mine and post them here for sure. Its got a lift and tires, but not much more.

Comment

you may just want to check out all the fixed up Jeeps for sale on all the Jeep forums, theres lots of them for good prices too! best of luck and welcome.
                    Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                    X