Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Roger!

Did you ever get the motor problems worked out? Hope you did! Like to run some more trails with you.
    Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
      Did you ever get the motor problems worked out? Hope you did! Like to run some more trails with you.
      Best, Max7
      Hey Max,

Yes & no! I took it to a trusted mechenic in Victorville and he rerouted a few vacuum lines that weee wrong, adjusted the timing, smoged it. & got the choke working properly. I'm still using oil though with only about 600 miles on the new engine. I am going to contact the Engine Mfg company and ask them if the rings haven't seated yet or what they suggest.

I am looking forward to more trail rides for sure. I'm a little tied up for the hoildays but I'm hoping to sneak in a run soon!
      I'd hang with you and the rest of the group that went last trip anytime!

what have you been up to?
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

Sorry to here that you are still having issues with your Jeep. My rebuilt 4.2 (Jasper) has not used a drop of oil in the first 3500 miles. I changed the oil at 200, 1000, and at 3500. Now I'll stay with the standard 3000 miles per change. I was out in your backyard last weekend again. When you are running OK let me know. Check out the "Ord" trail report for new photo's from the last trip.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
        X