Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's up for a Moab Trip?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Organized Event: Who's up for a Moab Trip?

    Not sure who will see this... but... thinking of doing a Moab trip. Late Fall 2022? Spring 2023? I've never been so I don't know when is a good time to a.) Not die from heat exhaustion, b.) avoid the crowds, c.) not freeze to death.

    I also have no idea where I'm going out there, how to get to trailheads. Soooo... I'd probably just wander around for days by myself.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

  • #2
    Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Not sure who will see this... but... thinking of doing a Moab trip. Late Fall 2022? Spring 2023? I've never been so I don't know when is a good time to a.) Not die from heat exhaustion, b.) avoid the crowds, c.) not freeze to death.

    I also have no idea where I'm going out there, how to get to trailheads. Soooo... I'd probably just wander around for days by myself.
    Yeah!!!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      Not sure who will see this... but... thinking of doing a Moab trip. Late Fall 2022? Spring 2023? I've never been so I don't know when is a good time to a.) Not die from heat exhaustion, b.) avoid the crowds, c.) not freeze to death.

      I also have no idea where I'm going out there, how to get to trailheads. Soooo... I'd probably just wander around for days by myself.
      We want to go! Let's plan it!
      Regards,
      Randy

      "An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

      www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

      Comment


      • #4
        Right before EJS is a good time to go. But I'm guessing Oct-Nov as well.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RAT View Post
          Right before EJS is a good time to go. But I'm guessing Oct-Nov as well.
          Sarah says she & Rick go twice a year or so. They may know a good time.

          What are the absolute MUST DO trails? Keep in mind Barb isn't going to want to dangle off the edge of a cliff.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh geez... Help Sarah!!! Can you move this to the correct topic of "Trail Run Planning"? I'm rusty and put it in the wrong spot... sorry!
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm interested. A lot will depend on timing for us, both mentioned timeframes will likely be when the kids are in school. I've never been to Moab either, but have wanted to for a long time. We'd probably want to tent camp or hotel it, and tow the TJ, unless it's all mild trails we could drive the JKU.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

              http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

              Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                I'm interested. A lot will depend on timing for us, both mentioned timeframes will likely be when the kids are in school. I've never been to Moab either, but have wanted to for a long time. We'd probably want to tent camp or hotel it, and tow the TJ, unless it's all mild trails we could drive the JKU.
                The kids in school timing has always been a difficult hurdle for most trips. Is EJS during spring break? Or do the kids get a winter break? Probably around Christmas time huh?

                I'm not sure the hotel or camping situation in Moab. See... total greenoob.

                Would you really want to go to Moab and just do mild trails? I mean I'm not sure I'll ever get there again, and I can't go and not do some serious trails, I'll slip Barb some Relaxyeraz... it's an anti-pucker medication.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry I've been out of pocket lately. Work has been keeping me tied up.

                  So I'm hoping for early spring next year to have a majority of the kinks worked out of the CJ. I will take it under the knife again this month for a couple weeks. Then testing-testing-testing.

                  I know everyone loves a good Moab trip. Is there a .kmz file or something which lays out the known trails and what-not? Is it like Cougar Buttes where the trails are what you want to make? Still planning to make it out there.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X