Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Trail Maps/Coords

Check it out: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/maps

There's links to photos, listed coordinates, and downloadable tracks and waypoints. Reading the downloads requires software capable of interpreting GPX, MPS, or TXT files.

Thanks to Al, Jmbrowning & Erik for their maps and waypoints - Hopefully the list will grow quickly, I'm looking at some new mapping software. (Mapsource is too limited for me.)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Sarah,

If you want some more trails, let me know. I have 2 different books with about 75 trails each. I have both so cal and norcal. Difficult to easy.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

That looks awesome! I like the layout.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Sarah, for a awesome mapping program, check out ozi-explorer. That program has so many cool things I can't even remember them all! You won't run into any "restrictions" with it......and if you do, you just E-mail the guy who wrote the program, he will help you out (even update the program as needed)!
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah, I'd like it to be a good resource for us and make it easy to add on for new trails we explore. Al, sounds good. Maybe we can find some new trails to explore, the "same old" is starting to get boring. Someone on the geocaching board mentioned ozi, I'll have to check it out. Delorme's mapping software will also export 3D maps of your tracks, which is just wicked!

edit: yikes, that software is expensive, and it doesn't seem to come with any maps!?
          Last edited by sarah; 10-11-04, 09:40 AM. Reason: looked up ozi-explorer

Comment

No Workey

Awww...the Defense Mine.mps isn't working. It saying it can't read this file because it has been created with a different version of MapSource. I'm running what I thought was the latest - v5.0. Hmmmm???

Looks really great Sarah!
            Last edited by m1jeep; 10-11-04, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m1jeep
              Awww...the Defense Mine.mps isn't working. It saying it can't read this file because it has been created with a different version of MapSource. I'm running what I thought was the latest - v5.0. Hmmmm???
              Gotta LOVE Mapsource. (not)
              The Mapsource ones are from Al, and I'm not sure which version he was using. I couldn't find anything to convert it either ... but I've using 5 too.

Comment

I was using 4.something.
                1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Ozi used to have a unregistered option (has some restrictions), but the full version was only like $75. The 3-D option was a little more I believe. Did he raise his prices?

For maps, it doesn't come with any. You have to download and import them to the program. There are free topos of the entire US online, along with free sat. pics of the entire US. I don't have the links handy, but can get them.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                    Ozi used to have a unregistered option (has some restrictions), but the full version was only like $75. The 3-D option was a little more I believe. Did he raise his prices?

For maps, it doesn't come with any. You have to download and import them to the program. There are free topos of the entire US online, along with free sat. pics of the entire US. I don't have the links handy, but can get them.
                    I got the trial version and maybe it's just me, but I find it very difficult to use. The full version is 85 or whatever, you have to supply your own maps (which I'm sure is nothing more than time-consuming), and then pay even more ($30) for 3d capabilites. The 3D capabilites are pretty crappy too!

At the same time Delorme sells Topo USA for 99.00 and it comes with everything you need, supposedly. My brother uses it and says it rocks, so I"m going to check it out next time I see him.
                    Last edited by sarah; 10-12-04, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I found another format that will allow you to import to Mapsource, it works with my version, give it a try if you will and let me know if it works.

Right click and save: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/maps/tracks/calico.trk

Comment

Ozi is a pretty in depth program (read: a pain in the butt to figure out how to run it), but it lets you use maps from pretty much any source (DOOQ's, MPS, whatever DeLorme is, satallite images, etc). I played with it a few times, but it was way to complicated for what I need. I let the computer smart guys use it, then I just follow them.

KG6OWO

Comment

I've updated some of the formats on the page to include .trk files, at least on my version of Mapsource you can choose to import them, and it's super-easy.

I left the GPX files for other programs too.

If you can't read one of them, please let me know!
                          Sarah

Comment

Etrex

Originally posted by sarah
                            I've updated some of the formats on the page to include .trk files, at least on my version of Mapsource you can choose to import them, and it's super-easy.

I left the GPX files for other programs too.

If you can't read one of them, please let me know!
                            Sarah

Sarah,

Since you've had problems with your Etrex, what GPS unit are you using now.. or are you still using your Etrex.

That's how I first found this site. Search for info on GPS units. I ended up buying an Etrex, since it looks to be the most bang for the buck. I'm hoping that it dosen't have the problems that you've had with yours.

Best,

FG

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Fly, I sitll have the Etrex. If I could afford another unit I would. I'm going to have it fixed. My recommendation to you would be to safeguard your receipt and if that unit starts acting up in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM within your 1-year warranty, send it in right away for a free repair.

Comment

Working...
                              X