Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anyone want to run anything Feb 3rd?

I'm a TJ, 35's, Atlas 4.3, 4.88's, Long arm, lifted..blah blah blah

Just poking around- looking for anyone who wants to plan something..
    Jeep Girl

What'd you have in mind? I might be able to convince the wife to come out.

Comment

I'm not a fan of snow. So in the winters, I hit the desert. I can't remember the last time I hit Cougar Buttes. It's probably been around a year. That's a place where there's other people around and you can pick and choose difficulty of what you want to put your tires on. Your wife would probably appreciate that more than running Isham or harder.

I'm open to suggestions...it'd be nice to follow someone else around for a change. I can text a few people and see if they want to go....3 of the people I usually run with are down or out of town that weekend.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Never been to cougar Buttes, it has been been pointed out to me last I did mottino wash. Sounds fun, if you follow me though we will be aimlessly wandering.

Comment

It's been a couple months since I ran Motino..not sure if there would be snow out there tho..just right outside Big Bear. Since you haven't been to CB, we can do that. THAT place is where I stay lost. I tend to be on and off Bullfrog and Cakewalk in between doing random stuff. Hammerdown is fun, and Chicken Rock to get there will get your attention. The boys on this site know the area well.......but they're awfully quiet on this site these days. (Deepwater Mike, Mr. Green, Art, Rat, Nick.. anyone want to play? Haven't seen you guys in a while.. ...

Aaron- Any interest in camping ?
          Jeep Girl

Comment

They chime in from time to time, I think they all had to get second jobs to payoff those awesome rigs. Adopt a trail usually gets a few people up and out, and of course IDTT. I will have to speak with the wife about camping, of which I am always interested. I just did the weekend in Superstition so she may want me home. I will broach the subject with her this evening when she gets off work. CB is like an hour and a half away, could definitely do a day trip.

Comment

You're going to hate me. My wife has reminded me we are snowboarding in big bear that weekend....we already paid and everything, the worst part is I personally put in the reservation and completely forgot. I guess I just saw a run posted on mjr and got exited. What about later in February?

Comment

I come from the beach at Ventura so everything for me is 4 + hours. CB is 3.5 hours on a good day without towing my rig. I prefer to camp obviously, or I get home very late and exhausted. Plus, I just would rather sit by a camp fire with friends rather than rush home after a day of wheeling.

I have RDO Mondays. Means I'm off work every other Monday. Those are the weekends I go wheeling...so I have a day off to do stuff before I have to go back to work. So, I'll go again 2/16th weekend. Hopefully, some of my regular crew will be back up. We will most likely hit up the Hammers...either that or Isham.

Enjoy BB !
                Jeep Girl

Comment

I totally forgot about KOH too
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

I'm in Santa Barbara...I'd be down for a day trip or 1nighter in the area.. similar specs but closest trail I can think of that's worth anything is Miller Trail... or Pismo..

if Miller works or if you got any suggestions on other trails, let me know
                    Bryan
                    2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                    front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                    Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Could not make it this time. Ready for another ride in the area?

Comment

We ended up playing around out at Red Rock on Last Chance Canyon...just to get out. Next run will be either Isham at Panamint or the Hammers. Will need to be 35's and locked..looking at Feb 16th weekend.
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                        X