Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: SBNF 5S06 Clean Up

Come visit the San Jacinto District of the San Bernardino National Forest and join us for a much needed trash removal project at the south end of 5S06. We are covering the first mile of 5S06 from Highway 243, where several areas have become large dump sites. The project is broken into 5 locations to accommodate several groups of volunteers.

Date: 9/18/2016
    Time: 8:00am
    Place: Cranston Fire Station located at 47015 Florida Ave (Highway 74) Hemet, CA 92544

We will place the dumpster at the Cranston work center and truck the trash from 5S06 to the work center. We currently have 5 trucks committed to this project and are looking for more trucks and volunteers. The plan is to work from 8:30am to 12 noon.

This area of the forest has become a large illegal dumping ground that needs our attention. Any and all assistance would be appreciated. Let me know if you can attend and what you will be bringing (truck, tools, etc). Additional trucks and tools are welcome. Pitchforks/shovels would assist with the clean up process. Remember to wear over the ankle boots, pants, shirt, gloves and sun protection.

Last edited by FishPOET; 09-17-16, 09:21 PM.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Are you going?
    Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      Are you going?
      I will be there
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I might be able to make it but it depends on what the Doc says tomorrow if the wife will let me go. She says I can use her stock 99 WJ. Speaking of which I had some questions for you since you got a WJ yourself now. Sending you a PM FishPOET.

Comment

I think I'll be able to attend this. We're in the Monterey Bay area now, but will be home by Friday.
          I'll bring the Jeep, trailer and tools with me.

Steve

<<<We made it home. I'll be at Cranston FS @ 8am.>>>
          Last edited by alittleoff; 09-15-16, 08:34 PM.
          All slow and no show

Comment

Bump

The event is happening this Sunday 9-18-16

Comment

It's on my calendar. I just need to make sure I finish some work on my bike. Yosemite next week.
              Check out .

Comment

Track hours and fill out sign in sheet for AAT work party club hours please

Comment

Originally posted by HookandLadder View Post
                  Track hours and fill out sign in sheet for AAT work party club hours please
                  yes dear

Comment

Over 40 cubic yards of trash collected.

Participants:
                    Doug Guimond
                    Karla Will
                    Steve Andrews
                    Kevin McMullen
                    Bryan DeGhetto
                    Cliff Dell
                    David MacFarland

60 hours total

Comment

SBNF 5S06 Clean Up

Wowza!! Nice!
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Awesome work. Thanks Doug, Cliff, and others!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X