Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dishpan Springs or Gold Mountain and John Bull on 10 June 2016

My Nephew and I will be doing either Dishpan Springs or Gold Mountain and John Bull on Friday 10 June if anyone would like to join us.

Thanks
    Joel
    Last edited by DriverJC; 06-07-16, 02:53 PM.

Watch out for the Bronco Bash this weekend.

Comment

Well Damn, Maybe I can get some pics of GIJeepN saving some broncos. lol

Comment

Took GIJeepN and my nephew Joshua Gallegos up to big bear this morning to run some trails. Josh drove GIJeepN through Gold Mountain and he did very well, with minimal direction. While running Gold Mountain we ran into several early model Broncos running the trails with the 2016 Big Bear Bronco Bash. They were good people, and very experienced off-roaders. Once we finished Gold Mountain I headed us over to John Bull and the Broncos met up with us again. We stopped at the east side Gatekeeper obstacle and walked through it to see what line we wanted to take. Josh wanted to continue to drive so he strapped in and proceeded to enter the obstacle. The next 10 minutes were very tense as he stretched the suspension over some Volkswagen sized rocks smacked the front and rear differentials, and got hung up more then a few times, But in the end GIJeepN and the help of a very experienced spotter from the Broncos group got him through the toughest obstacle on the mountain. After gatekeeper, he headed up the slightly easier hill climb that required some serious suspension stretching, and finesse with the front ARB locker. Unfortunately, the 17 year old ARB solenoid actuated its last locker about half way up the hill climb. We pulled to the side and checked it out only to find that there was no fixing it. With that in mind, I took over the drivers seat and started making our way up the hill. GIJeepN never let us down. The old beast clawed and scratched her way to the top and down the other side of the climb. Once off the trail and back into 2 wheel drive, we headed back to the truck for the trip back home.

Butchers bill for this trip was one 17 year old ARB Solenoid (79.00 at amazon), 1 18 year old alternator (158.00 at Amazon), and 1 10 year old fuel pump (200 at Amazon). I already have a new fuel pump since I'm planning on putting a fuel cell in the back seat area, so I'm good there. Everything else should be here by next Friday.

All said and done, it was an awesome trip.

Comment

Glad you had a blast. sound like a ton of fun :wink:

Originally posted by DriverJC View Post
          Took GIJeepN and my nephew Joshua Gallegos up to big bear this morning to run some trails. Josh drove GIJeepN through Gold Mountain and he did very well, with minimal direction. While running Gold Mountain we ran into several early model Broncos running the trails with the 2016 Big Bear Bronco Bash. They were good people, and very experienced off-roaders. Once we finished Gold Mountain I headed us over to John Bull and the Broncos met up with us again. We stopped at the east side Gatekeeper obstacle and walked through it to see what line we wanted to take. Josh wanted to continue to drive so he strapped in and proceeded to enter the obstacle. The next 10 minutes were very tense as he stretched the suspension over some Volkswagen sized rocks smacked the front and rear differentials, and got hung up more then a few times, But in the end GIJeepN and the help of a very experienced spotter from the Broncos group got him through the toughest obstacle on the mountain. After gatekeeper, he headed up the slightly easier hill climb that required some serious suspension stretching, and finesse with the front ARB locker. Unfortunately, the 17 year old ARB solenoid actuated its last locker about half way up the hill climb. We pulled to the side and checked it out only to find that there was no fixing it. With that in mind, I took over the drivers seat and started making our way up the hill. GIJeepN never let us down. The old beast clawed and scratched her way to the top and down the other side of the climb. Once off the trail and back into 2 wheel drive, we headed back to the truck for the trip back home.

Butchers bill for this trip was one 17 year old ARB Solenoid (79.00 at amazon), 1 18 year old alternator (158.00 at Amazon), and 1 10 year old fuel pump (200 at Amazon). I already have a new fuel pump since I'm planning on putting a fuel cell in the back seat area, so I'm good there. Everything else should be here by next Friday.

All said and done, it was an awesome trip.
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
          X