Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: High Desert Round Up 2016

If you want something fun to do this Memorial Day weekend, please join us at the Slash X in Barstow, Ca for the 45th annual High Desert Round Up. RV friendly off highway 247 in Barstow, Ca. For the first time ever, I am chairing the event. I have attended every year since 2002 and it is my favorite event.
    We will have all of your favorite Stoddard Valley runs on Saturday with a best equipped game on Saturday night. Friday night has a night run offered as well as one on Saturday night. MJR attendees have won the best equipped game last few years and I hope we can win again this year. On Sunday, there are games for the adults which require your vehicle and there are games for the kids as well. There are runs on Sunday to Calico and all other places in the Barstow area. Also offered for a nominal donation are a teeter totter for your vehicle and an RTI ramp to test the flex on your vehicle.
    Go to www.Cal4wheel.com for more information and registration. The cost is just $50 for the event per wheeling vehicle if you are a Cal 4 Wheel member and $60 if you are not. The fees go to keeping our trails open. Also offered is a great BBQ dinner on Saturday night provided by the Slash X restaurant for $18. That way you don't have to cook after wheeling all day. Pre-registration for the dinner is strongly recommended

I look forward to seeing you there.

I'm planning to attend. I hope that the MJR campsite that we pick this time won't be such a long hike to the porta-pottie!
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

Congrats Jason! Wish we could make it. See you at Calico.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Just registered. See you there Jason!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I've never been to one of these, I think I'll sign up! Drive the Willys there

(edit) scratch that, I just realized I'll be in North Carolina for a Wedding that weekend.

Maybe next year
          Last edited by daniel_buck; 03-29-16, 05:51 PM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Bringing this back to the top. Hi Desert Roundup is 15 days away located right behind The Slash X Ranch Cafe on highway 247, 11 of so miles east of Barstow off I-15.
            If you plan on attending get your registrations in. $50 now per wheeling vehicle if you are a Cal 4 Wheel member and $60 if not. Both prices increase $10 on-site. Pre-orders for shirts and the Saturday night BBQ end soon. If you have never been to HDR, come on out.

There will be runs on Saturday. After dinner we will have the Best Equipment Vehicle game followed by a night run.

Side by Side people, we also have a run for you as well.

The vehicle games on Sunday include a Teeter Totter to see if you can balance your vehicle. There is also a Ramp Travel Index (RTI) ramp you can see just how much flex you really have. This is some of the entertainment located in camp along with some vendors. About a mile or two out of camp are where the rest of the vehicle games are. After the adult games are over we have games for the kids. All monies raised go back to the fight to keep our trails open.

I hope to see you there.

Comment

There should be a pretty good group of us On the Rocks folk and we will be doing the Teeter Totter again this year. I think we have been doing it for about 15 years.
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X