Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Adopt-a-trail work weekend feeler

To all MJR members local in Southern California,
    MJR AAT group is looking for able bodied volunteers to help with a very large project in the San Bernardino Mountains. We have been asked by the Forest Service to assist in repairing several washouts on one of the main thoroughfares in the mountains, 3N16, which runs from the East side of Baldwin Lake to Green Valley Lake on the West side. The damage is over by Green Valley Lake. 3N16 is currently closed to all traffic between Big Pine Flats CG and Green Valley Lake Road. Please do not attempt to drive through that area on 3N16. We are looking for anyone who would like to come up for the weekend or just for a day to give a hand. There will be jobs of different ability levels available so if you are not very physical and can not lift rocks or work a shovel there is a still a place for you. I am working on camping arrangements with the FS now and hopefully we will be able to camp nearby. If interested, please post up here, or PM me for details. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and helping get this vital road reopened will be a great help.

Thanks to all and safe wheeling
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

It looks like the road work will not be able to start this weekend. The FS Engineering group is looking over our suggestions so it will take longer than we thought to get approval. But... We will still be up in Big Bear this Saturday. There are several trees that have fallen across the roads on 3N16 and 3N93 and they need to be removed. There are also other tasks that need to get taken care of like fixing some water bars on 3N93, and removing rock at the West gate keeper that has been stacked to get rigs not able to make it over, and then left there. We will remove it to another location to use as fill. So if you would like to join us for a day (Saturday only) please post up and let us know.

Thanks.

Comment

I'll be there, I'll need to hop in one of your more capable rigs for 3N93 though.

Comment

Scratch that, looks like I'll be doing an axle u joint on saturday

Comment

Bummer. So I take it you don't have access to the AAT group thread yet?

Comment

Don't let my young age be a reflection of my compitency with the internet. I can't find the AAT thread lol

Comment

Look at the Forums page for MJR Trail Crew just above Land Use. Once you see that you're in.

Comment

great running into you on Saturday Rat!
                All these years we have been on this forum and we had never met.
                apparently I don't have access to the AAT group thread either..
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive View Post
                  great running into you on Saturday Rat!
                  All these years we have been on this forum and we had never met.
                  apparently I don't have access to the AAT group thread either..
                  Yeah it was good to finally put face to name. Thanks for the help too. Our tree cutter is a messy one

Comment

Working...
                  X