Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of grub at the BBQ, Dr dirty's chili came in 2nd place!! Oh and my double chocolate cake came in 2nd also. (I know what you're thinkin' Mitch, yes, I made it myself...
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Speaking of grub at the BBQ, Dr dirty's chili came in 2nd place!! Oh and my double chocolate cake came in 2nd also. (I know what you're thinkin' Mitch, yes, I made it myself...
      What about my slaw? Thanks buddy.
      Check out .

Comment

Sorry Chuck!, But if you won a prize, you never told me! I can't report what I don't know! BTW, I had some of it and it was awesome!!!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

I would love to be a part of this crew.....I live so far away..I can't promise to make it every time. Does that work or not?? I don't like to commit to anything half mass...but it's the best I can do living around 4 hours away. It's a haul and a decent hit in my wallet. I'm just a little person in my chain of command. I keep playing that lotto!!

Looks like I'm going to be able to make Oct 22nd, and may possibly bring a friend as well. Looking forward to getting dirty and meeting you guys!
          Last edited by I H8RDS; 10-15-11, 05:23 AM.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks for the information on the Adopt-A-Trail program and efforts by MJR members. I was under the impression the AAT was a program strictly run by the forest service. Good to know the FS has vetted organized groups to put their own effort into such an important aspect of our sport.

I read through the links that Sarah referenced above and have taken steps to join the AAT. I hope to be able to contribute on the next work days/projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly_99TJ View Post
              Thanks for the information on the Adopt-A-Trail program and efforts by MJR members. I was under the impression the AAT was a program strictly run by the forest service. Good to know the FS has vetted organized groups to put their own effort into such an important aspect of our sport.

I read through the links that Sarah referenced above and have taken steps to join the AAT. I hope to be able to contribute on the next work days/projects.
              Great news. We have a work day this weekend. Come join us.
              Check out .

Comment

how early in advance do yall schedule the work days? (or is that scheduled by the Forest Service?) I'm busy this weekend, but I do want to participate in future work days :-)
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                  how early in advance do yall schedule the work days? (or is that scheduled by the Forest Service?) I'm busy this weekend, but I do want to participate in future work days :-)
                  We do our own scheduling most of the time. Sometimes they are scheduled well in advanced and sometimes they are a last minute thing. Currently the one this weekend is the only one scheduled.
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    The way this works for the most part is you get invited out to see what we're doing and what your in for. After that once your inducted into the crew a thread will become available to members only and that's when you'll see the workday postings and as Chuck said sometimes there last minute. We've found in the past if you schedule them it too far in advance members will sign up then cancel, not always but often. At this point you just need to keep on the main guys, myself, Chuck, Kurt and a few others (and Sarah of course) are main contacts. For legal reasons until your on the Forest Service roster you can participate as a guest. Keep in touch, your time will come and I can promise you will have a good time. Bring your camera.

Cheers, Tom

Comment

It was so great to put faces to screen names and meet all you guys! Holcomb is one of my favorite trails in Big Bear and it feels awesome to be able to play a small part in maintaining it and doing what I can for this sport I eat, sleep and breathe. Thanks for having me out and I'm already looking forward to the next one!
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Thanks for coming out Lorie. The rock moving days are pretty fun. We appreciated your help.
                        Check out .

Comment

Thanks for posting this Kurt, and thanks to everyone who has played such a vital role in keeping trails open, or getting them reopened. If I'm able to make it in town for the next cleanup or what not I will happily help out. I'm really wanting to run Holcomb, it looks like a great trail, and I want to experience all the hard work that was put into it.
                          USMC F&AM

Comment

lorie,
                            You rock girl! Thanks for coming all the way from Ventura. That is a haul! Really appreciate the effort and help.
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                              Thanks for posting this Kurt, and thanks to everyone who has played such a vital role in keeping trails open, or getting them reopened. If I'm able to make it in town for the next cleanup or what not I will happily help out. I'm really wanting to run Holcomb, it looks like a great trail, and I want to experience all the hard work that was put into it.
                              Chris,
                              Yep, gotta come run Holcomb. It's a sweet trail even with all the fire damage. Once you see the area you begin to realize just how close we were to losing it for good, and the amount of work it took to get it back. I don't think I've ever seen a group of people with absolutely no expectation of monitary compensation work so hard to get something done (we work for free, SBNF slaves) We couldn't do this without all the support we get here at MJR and from other clubs.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                                lorie,
                                You rock girl! Thanks for coming all the way from Ventura. That is a haul! Really appreciate the effort and help.
                                Was a good time; blisters and all
                                Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X