X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt2001TJ
    replied
    Originally posted by dhanushx012 View Post
    I've always considered YP sites as "dispersed camping"... guess I need to update my files!
    ...LOL... This is a six year old thread...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I've always considered YP sites as "dispersed camping"... guess I need to update my files! mxplayer get-mxplayer.in
    Last edited by dhanushx012; 10-11-20, 02:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Russ Chung
    replied
    Here's an updated link to get your California Campfire Permit: http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

Leave a comment:

• 05tj
    replied
    Thanks, but I have never had a ranger ask for one,but can't hurt to have it.

Leave a comment:

• I H8RDS
    replied
    Thanks for posting that up...we have a permit for the Fraizer park area....we were told last weekend, no more fires, even with the permit.. Hope that doesn't apply for Big Bear...it's chilly!!

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Just got me a new camp fire permit. I got an A on the test

The one I had expired. Going to Monache Meadows this Laobr Day weekend with wife, sons & their families.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    I stand (well, sit) corrected sir

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
    ...We (SBNF) were one of the last NF's that still allowed campfires in dispersed camping...
    Jeff,

The Serria National forest still allows camp fires outside of developed campgrounds. Here's an excerpt from their web page:

"Can I camp in areas outside developed campgrounds?
    You may camp outside of developed campgrounds in most parts of the Forest, at no cost. Potable water, toilets, and other amenities are not generally available. If you choose to camp outside developed areas, be sure to bring adequate water or be prepared to purify spring water before drinking. Water on the Sequoia National Forest may be contaminated with Giardia or other microorganisms. Also be sure you have a Campfire permits if you plan to build a fire, (italics mine)and a Wilderness Permit if you plan to spend the night in the Wilderness. Wherever you camp, be sure to Leave No Trace."

Even when they have fire restrictions they still have areas designated as fire safe where fires are still allowed. It is a very user friendly forest.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Shame on you!

Leave a comment:

• WestwardHo
    replied
    I've always considered YP sites as "dispersed camping"... guess I need to update my files!

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Never, ever again. We (SBNF) were one of the last NF's that still allowed campfires in dispersed camping. USDA (Mom) put a lot of pressure on us to fix that (I think they threatned to withold our allowance)

Much as it inconvieniences people I know (were of course all RESPONSIBLE campfire users in DP), the other 99.9999999999999% of the folks were idiots when it came to fires

Leave a comment:

• WestwardHo
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
    Yep, same thing I posted - just worded differently.

Inportant to note that no open fires are permitted in dispersed camping in the SBNF anymore. "Open Fires" are catagorized as anything that produces ash (wood, charcoal, coal (I actually got asked about coal once)
    Not permitted anymore as in never, ever again or anymore as in, until the fire danger is low????

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Yep, same thing I posted - just worded differently.

Inportant to note that no open fires are permitted in dispersed camping in the SBNF anymore. "Open Fires" are catagorized as anything that produces ash (wood, charcoal, coal (I actually got asked about coal once)

Leave a comment:

• dirtman13
    replied
    "Wood or charcoal fires are permitted only in developed campgrounds, picnic areas and Yellow Post sites on the San Bernardino National Forest"
    Source: http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinte...%20&%20Notices

Might be wise to check the current restrictions and condition of the forest you plan to visit.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    From my Training outline for our "Rules" class:

“You must obtain a California Campfire Permit if you plan to build a campfire in a yellow post site or use a stove, unless you are in a developed recreation area (campground or picnic area)( wood, charcoal and propane/gas stoves). Wood and charcoal fires are never permitted outside yellow post sites, picnic areas or campgrounds”

I'll find the weblink once the website gets out of "molasses" mode

Leave a comment:

Working...
X