Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Tahoe Vacation

On vacation this past week. We missed all the fires down south. The fires missed us in Escondido.
    We left last Friday for week of Tahoe sightseeing and jeepn.
    We used Charles Wells book for some of the trails.
    Just two jeeps...

One of the trails called 'Deer Valley'...

Of course the views all over Tahoe.... are just...well they leave you speechless. Words would be an insult to the beauty of it all.
    The view from 'Camp Condo'....

The top of Cadillac on the Rubicon...

Negotiating the downhill....demonstrating a new technique..

A better view of the angle....

Lessons learned on MJR about being a 'Bumper Cowboy' (thanks Kurt).....

A graveyard at the bottom of Cadillac? I was a little confused.

And the world famous 'Rubicon Bridge'.....way cool.

And the best picture of the trip, the most "Beautiful" picture with all the trimmings.....

Last edited by Mtbikbob; 10-27-07, 08:30 AM. Reason: Best Picture
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Looks like a great trip, thanks for sharing the pics . . . I've definitely got to get up to the Lake Tahoe area soon. Glad to hear that you made it back safe and that your home wasn't affected by the fires.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post

And the best picture of the trip, the most "Beautiful" picture with all the trimmings.....

Bob,
      Yep! You just can't describe that place to anyone; they have to see it first hand. Glad you made it up the Rubi. How did you like going back up Cadillac? Looks like you made easy work of it. And this picture is one for a frame. Great picture for sure.

THanks for sharing,
      Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great Pics Bob! Looks like a wonderful time. I really need to make time to get onto the trails in that area. I'm glad that you made it through and back safe and sound.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for sharing Bob! Glad to hear your house is OK too!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            Bob,
            Yep! You just can't describe that place to anyone; they have to see it first hand. Glad you made it up the Rubi. How did you like going back up Cadillac? Looks like you made easy work of it. And this picture is one for a frame. Great picture for sure.

THanks for sharing,
            Rat
            One question....Is the rest of the trail any more difficult than Cadillac? It was no problem for my my jeep, though, I must confess, the Aussie up front changed a lot of things. We struggled a little with the other jeep, only because he had no locker and he needed a little more experience, which he got going down and up it.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Sweet pics, looks like a great time!
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

One question....Is the rest of the trail any more difficult than Cadillac? .
                There are some other spots that are harder, but it's more that it's like that for most of the trail, so it comes down to how good a shape you and your rig are in. And there are a lot of "extra credit" areas to play in that are very much more difficult than Cadillac. Plus, if you go like we have, your Jeep is loaded down, so the extra weight comes into play. You, Joy and I need to go three day that baby some time. You'll love it!

Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I must confess, the Aussie up front changed a lot of things.
                  "Doctor Frankenstein, the transformation is nearly complete." (Bob, not the jeep)

Like they say in the vampire movies "you're starting to turn" I'm glad to see you're having fun.
                  Last edited by Double AA; 10-29-07, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Hey Bob,

Great pics! I spent some time up at Tahoe this past summer as well. That view of the valley is the same view we had. Where did you stay? We stayed at a place called Ridge Sierra (at least I'm fairly certain that's what it's called!).
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                      Hey Bob,

Great pics! I spent some time up at Tahoe this past summer as well. That view of the valley is the same view we had. Where did you stay? We stayed at a place called Ridge Sierra (at least I'm fairly certain that's what it's called!).
                      Sounds like the exact same place. We were in room 116. Jacuzzi on the rooftop.
                      Pass the popcorn.
                      Actually we shared ice cream and wine while on the roof top jacuzzi.

There are some other spots that are harder, but it's more that it's like that for most of the trail, so it comes down to how good a shape you and your rig are in. And there are a lot of "extra credit" areas to play in that are very much more difficult than Cadillac.

Thanks....food for thought.
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
                      X