Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panamint Valley Days

Panamint Valley Days is always a great time. Great runs for everyone. I'll be going up thursday the 8th.

http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/2007/index.html

[roll]372[/roll]
    Last edited by sarah; 10-15-07, 06:06 PM.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

This is a great event with a wide variety of trail runs. Although it is "dry" camping, there is food for sale on-site. Bring extra gas cans because the nearest gas station is 25 miles from camp. I wanted to be sure to get the pre-registration discount, so I absent mindedly registered twice (they're giving me a refund). I might have to work that week, so I don't know when I'll arrive.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

I just stayed in Bennets cabin Columbus day weekend, and it was nice, but I hear that the FOB take all the cabins off the market early in anticipation of this event. The area was awesome, we never did any difficult wheeling, but the views and stuff are great. we saw big horn sheep and lots of mules and the water was running pretty good down some of the canyons from all the springs... I am gonna try to do this event, so count me in for now!
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I'm looking forward to this event. It's been ages since I've been to Death Valley. I think I can convince my wife to come too. My goal is to have her drive on SAturday and do the Goler/ Barker Ranch run. Ever since reading about Manson when I was a kid I've wanted to visit Barker Ranch. It's a really easy trail so I'd like her to drive.

My ORW buddies, like Adam (responsible for the Fun in the Desert ORW license plate giveaway- Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't have one yet?) I'm sure have different plans for the run my jeep goes on. Someboby has to show them the right line!

I hope to run into you guys up there. I don't usually roll into camp until later at night and drop the tent wherever since it is hard to find people.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dhsundance View Post
          I hope to run into you guys up there. I don't usually roll into camp until later at night and drop the tent wherever since it is hard to find people.

Dave
          I don't know when I'll get there; it might not be until Friday night. Here's a link that shows where we (Igofshn, Cetrov and I) have camped the past two years. PVD campsites. We will probably be in the same area. Just follow the road that starts at the registration area and look for Al's trailer. I didn't have cell phone coverage in camp the last two years; I don't expect that this year will be any different.
          KI6MLU

Comment

It looks like I'm going to have to put in a few hours of work on Friday morning. I'm going to try to get there in time for the "sunset" runs.
            KI6MLU

Comment

I'l becamped in the usual area russ. See yu when you get there. Do you know which run you are going to go on saturday?

Comment

sorry- of course I can't go, have fun out there!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I may be able to make it ONE night/day., just where is it?? Is it near Death Valley? Thanks Geeb..
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

It is east of trona.
                    http://www.cal4wheel.com/pvd/2007/index.html

Comment

Thanks igosfhn, that,s perfect got it now...I,m maybe 50-50 on being able to make it..Geeb
                      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                      X