Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico run

I will be out camping,if you want to camp be there on friday morning to get a spot,overflow is 1st come 1st serve but on friday you will get a spot,120 bucks for two nights its a big family thing,kids have a blast in calico which is free with camping admission,if not come out for the day runs.I will be doing calico trails on sat and sun late morning.So far there will be 2 VV4Wheelers coming and I.
    Last edited by Gwjvw; 10-09-07, 08:16 AM.

I'll try to make it on Sunday morning. Today I drove Mule Canyon (scenic, and very easy) from Calico Road to the 15 fwy @ Minneola and back. I was heading over to watch the Gate Keeper and noticed a tranny fluid leak at the radiator. I tightened the clamp and hose and cruised home to degrease and inspect the problem. This has happened twice since I replaced my radiator.

While at Calico, I was very impressed that I could only find 2 small pieces of trash to pick up on my 16 mile drive. Mule canyon was spotless!. Very encouraging. Looking forward to wheeling on Sunday.

Mitch

Comment

Just curious..who are the other 2 vv4w's?? All the VV4W members are supposed to be going to the Clash of the Titans AAT/OHV awards BBQ on the 20th...

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
        Just curious..who are the other 2 vv4w's?? All the VV4W members are supposed to be going to the Clash of the Titans AAT/OHV awards BBQ on the 20th...
        Oh really? I didnt know anything was going on,but what do i know :-) One is Jennifer and justin,they will be camping there also,and the other is (maybe soon to be member) brian with the blue jeep on 35's.

Where is the aat/ohv area at?

Comment

Supposed to be going somewhere else? Bad Jeeper / You have plans, no wheeling for you!

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Supposed to be going somewhere else? Bad Jeeper / You have plans, no wheeling for you!
            I have rsvp these plans for 5 months,but i didnt know.Bad me!

Comment

No biggy...

Comment

my gosh! Hey great, the fittings on the radiator itself need to be tightened, not just the lines going into them...

oh, you prolly have it fixed by now. have fun at Calico!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Jesse,

Stopped by my mechcanic, found out that I bought the wrong fitting for the radiator. The 1/4" pipe thread side of the fitting was too short and the wrong style. It's fixed and tight. Ready to wheel. Sorry to crash the thread.

Comment

'sall good!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

well my and y buddy might be going out for the weekend and mule canyon would be sweet for the 40 ft toyhauler lol
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

How far is mule canyon from the campground at calico?

Comment

im heading out to calico this weekend me and a few friends i never been there be fore what is the easest wAY TO GET there from san berdoo aera :confused:
                          :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
                            im heading out to calico this weekend me and a few friends i never been there be fore what is the easest wAY TO GET there from san berdoo aera :confused:
                            Stright up the 15 fwy towards barstow/vegas exit ghost town rd head west. Its a few miles past barstow on the 15.

Comment

Hey Gary,

From the Calico Campground, you go south on Calico Road about 1 mile to Mule Canyon. It is marked and is before you hit the Fwy, the trail is CM7630 and there is a "kiosk" 1/2 block n/o Calico road on Mule Canyon. Without side trips or leaving the trail, Mule Canyon (CM7630) runs 8.1 miles to Minneola @ the 15.
                              Fwy.

Ray,

Take the 15 Fwy north just past Barstow and exit "Ghost Town Road". Follow the signs and go north about 2 miles. Can't miss from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X