Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics Bob

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
    what really broke my heart was the pictures that I took of Kurt just about ready to flop, that didn't come out.

Bob, no woories man. You were busting butt all day up there, you owe no apologies. Great pics

Kurt
    I'll start with my very favorite. Look closely at the rear tire.
    Talk about traction....

Hey where did that ocme from?

This one just takes in all about Stuart. Always smiling, always having a good time of it.

Andrew finding the "vertical limit"

Kurt, showing us how it easy it is with 'no hands'.

Another one of Andrew's vertical limit with the spotters analyizing the situation....

I called this, "Tip toe over the rough spots"...

Tilt meter sounds....

more later.....
    Man what a great weekend. I got to hang out with some of the coolest folks in the whole wide :earth:
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great pictures Dirtman, I like your new desktop. Could have used a good photographer like you on "Outer limits". Tough trail.
      Andrew, my little barbie jeep is not equiped even to consider those trails, but what a blast to see you guys go through it. What interesting jeep situations to deal with. How one jeep struggles over an obstacle the next one drives right through like it was nothing. Where you struggled with your 37's Kurt drives right through or the last obstacle of the day where you drive through like it is paved and everyone else just gets pounded on. Its just all fun. If your lucky enough to find and hold the edge of the rock that will send you over the obstacle, or the tire slips just a fraction and sends the jeep into the hole, what fun.
      All the pictures I took that came out are found here...http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m...-07/?start=all

A slight 'snap' could be heard about here. I think it was the tilt meter that snaped along with the 'link fuse'. There was a minute there I was wondering if Stuart was going to be able to get out this spot at the end of the trail. The picture just doesn't show it, but he is completely sides from the direction needed to continue out of this spot. Amazing driving and great help with the guys out there. I think you fooled most of the guys thinking your were driving an automatic.

Before we went sideways....

What it looked like from behind....

What it looked like before the jeep tried it.....

The caption on this picture should read, "Don't go alone".....
      Last edited by Mtbikbob; 10-01-07, 01:04 PM. Reason: link to pictures was not correct
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

We shared the trail with a group of the Inland Empire Four Wheelers. There were several Samys and a CJ7 in our little group and they were all named Larry. Actually one of them was named Dick. He must have snuck in when the Larrys weren't looking.

They were all good experienced drivers. Dick got himself seriously stuck. So while Bob lent the muscle, us three Jeep Guys made a pack never to mention a word of this to anyone and got into the Samurai.

Now before you Samurai guys flame me I'll be the first to say these were very well set up, capable rigs and I enjoyed wheeling with them.

Comment

I agree with Andy. Those Samis were amazing. The IE guys were real cool, really enjoyed running with them. Larry, Dick, Larry, thanks for the adventure!

Comment

Some random trail pics.

Comment

Great pics Shari! As usual...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Let's see, an ARB equipment bag, a carry bag and a hat from Toyota, $50 gift cert to Ralphs, ORW licence plate frames (2, but threw one to a bunch of crazies in the crowd Viair 450 compressor kit, Harbor Freight saws all, MJR coffee cup (way cool) 4 35zx12.50zx15 BFGs (way nice) which I promptly traded for the Rev111 fender kit that someone else won. Turns out he wanted the tires, and I wanted the fenders. So we all made out! It's a good thing I towed. I needed every bit of that 8 foot bed:thumbs_up

Holy Crap Kurt! Did you leave anything for everybody else? If I remember correctly, you won the pic contest and won your ticket too! Did you check the lotto . . . you probably have the winning ticket! Must be good Karma! Glad to hear ya'll had a great time and glad to hear it was a NEAR flop and that you and Rat made it out in one piece!
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Shari caught the trail leaders (Larry) expression as my left front U joint blew.

Thanks again to the Victor Valley Club.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun. Don't know if my Jeep will ever be Hammer's material. But, who knows.

Stuart, the Beef sticker???? You back to the dark side?

Comment

I have always been on the dark side, its my wife and oldest son that are the vegan people. i love eating animals. That is a pretty cool sticker though courtesy of the LA county fair ! Miss you Jason. Hope you have not had any paper cuts recently !
                      moon buggy
                      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

True Statement

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        Elusive, I'm sorry your experience wasn't better.. Every year we line up trail leaders and try to get multiple runs on the trails so that their aren't so many in a single group. We tell everyone how rough the trails are and try to put on a pretty tough inspection to make sure the rigs are capable, but You know that every year one or more of our trail leaders end up backing out at the last minute, (they have good reasons, they are good people but stuff happens) and every year nobody really signs up for the trails and just jump in wherever...

I was back in camp trying to get a trail leader for that run because of what was going on and when I got back to the line you guys were rolling out allready, I knew you had allready been waiting a while and we were trying to fix it, I'm sorry we couldn't fix it in time.

We do our best every year to make sure everybody has a good time, and we do get everybodys rigs off the trails and on the way home, even if it means getting new parts (thanx rat) to them... and going back the next morning...
                        True statement, we did what we could to try and correct that before everyone took off.
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Thanks to all of you for supporting our event. I was tail gunner on Sledge. I believe everyone on the trail had a good time. Thanks to those of you that have posted pics. Unfortunately, I was too busy to get any pictures. There was quite a bit of carnage but we all drove back to camp :-) !!! Sorry about the mix up on Jack Hammer.
                          I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Great pic's! The event was a huge success. I tried to get over to the MJR camp, but kept getting sidetracked. Between Rat Patrol and Wilez5150....they seemed to have the best luck at the raffle. Wilez5150 won at least 14 times!!! Congrats to those that won! I didn't win a thing this year, but I sure did have a great time with friends & family. I didn't run any trails, but did venture out for a little bit to see what was going on on Clawhammer and Wrecking Ball. Ended up getting high centered on both dif's. Luckily I didn't venture off alone and Dennis was able to strap and give me a pull off. Not sure what was going on with the group on Wrecking Ball...couldn't get close enough. On Clawhammer there was a new group of 4 rigs each with their own issue. Back at camp we helped out a dirtbiker that was riding alone in the bomb craters and ate it, causing some really bad injuries. He went for a ride in the helicopter. We also helped out a little boy who ran out of gas on his little dirtbike and flagged us down. We put him on reserve, got him started and told him to go straight back to camp to get more gas. Was quite shocked to see the little ones riding in the craters without any adults. It was windy off and on....got blowing pretty good at different times of the day & night. Luckily it wasn't blowing during the raffle - was nice!! All in all it was a great weekend. Was kind of nice staying at camp and relaxing inbetween working the event. Oh!! The t-shirts have the Desert Jewel on them - so cool!!!

Comment

Here's my small number of photos.

Josh on the squeeze rock at Sledge

Kale and Josh on one of the few sections that you could relax on.

My humble rig getting ready for Sledge. I really didn't know what to expect. Since I was driving it back home to San Diego I was gonig to go easy on the throttle and accept the strap whenever necessary. It ended up doing really well.

Our littel group shot at the Mailbox. Pictured are me, Josh (donating busted axle), Adam (from ORW), and Kale.

Dave

Comment

Looking for the guys that won the REV111 fenders at FITD

Hey, if anybody knows who the guys are that won the REV 111 fenders at this years FITD, I need to get hold of them. I didn't get all the parts for the fenders when I traded them for the tires I won. I need those parts. Help me out if you can.

Thanks

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                                X