Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won twice but only got 1 lic plate :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      looks like fun!
      how much loot did you take Kurt?
      Let's see, an ARB equipment bag, a carry bag and a hat from Toyota, $50 gift cert to Ralphs, ORW licence plate frames (2, but threw one to a bunch of crazies in the crowd Viair 450 compressor kit, Harbor Freight saws all, MJR coffee cup (way cool) 4 35zx12.50zx15 BFGs (way nice) which I promptly traded for the Rev111 fender kit that someone else won. Turns out he wanted the tires, and I wanted the fenders. So we all made out! It's a good thing I towed. I needed every bit of that 8 foot bed:thumbs_up
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!
        that is awesome. one of these days i'll win something from one of those things
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
          Ahhh, Stuart, Kurt What a blast I had. I know I dont talk much, but what a blast. Thanks again for putting up with me and inviting me along. Sorry, I didn't stay to say 'bye', but I was wore out. I made home by midnight. Working on pictures.......
          Bob,
          I though you were going to come over to the raffle. If I would have known you were just heading out I would have made sure to see you before you left. I'm really glad you could make it. Always good to see you. I'm going to have to get you to ride along with me one time so I can have the killer co pilot

Comment

what is this talk of a "flop", rat?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!
              that is awesome. one of these days i'll win something from one of those things
              yep, shocked the carp out of me! The VV folks really put it on this year.

Comment

We do have a few pictures that I'll download and post tomorrow. Needless to say, Shari and I had a great time again. Although I talk to Craig and Casey every so often, It's good to see them and the rest of the Victor Valley crew. They put on a great event as usual.

Kurt, Stuart we need to talk Bob into sneaking the Jeep out when Joy's not around and get him into some rocks. He's definitely ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                  Kurt, Stuart we need to talk Bob into sneaking the Jeep out when Joy's not around and get him into some rocks. He's definitely ready.
                  AMEN brother...

Comment

what is this talk of a "flop", rat?
                    Not a flop, but as close as I want to come to one. I haven't seen the pics yet, but if I had a tilt-o-meter like Stuart, it would have been screaming. The window frame driver side has a little rock kiss. I saw it coming and backed off the throttle just enough to keep it from getting too bad. Way too much fun...

Comment

my experience was a little different.
                      Got there friday night right before the tech inspection stopped. they wouldn't tech the jeep on the trailer becausae the need to jack it up to check the lockers... I mentioned that I have hubs so they could lock the front and see in the shafts turn... but well..whatever...
                      so I went and paid my $65 to register. no T-shirt, no food ticket, no raffle ticket. I only brought $80 with me, so i got a T-shirt for $80. I asked what i got for the $65 and they told me a trail leader, helping land access etc.. OK..
                      next AM I got up really early (why so early??) and got the tech inspection and lined up for jack hammer.
                      I noticed that there were about 20 rigs lined up for the 15 rig limit trail. the ride was supposed to leave at 8. 8:30 the trail leader says "uh.. I lift my RV running.. i'll be right back"
                      8:50 he returns and says "uh...i'm waiting for my wife.. I guess she got lost"
                      so at 9 we had a mutiny and drove the group to the trail. I was the very last rig. the first 5-6 rigs were well built and made it up fairly quickly, but there were a LOT of TJ's on 35's that were just plain under built for the condition that trail was in. Eventually the trail leader caught up and parked just in front of me. my jeep sat parked waiting at thee bottom of jack for 2 hours. I never even started it. Eventually I was exhausted from stacking rocks and pulling cable.... and i hear the trail leader. "I'm going to go run sledge"
                      seemed like a good idea to me, but isn't this the guy that's supposed to make sure everyone gets back?
                      so i turned around and we run up sledge... I'm pretty sure I passed a bunch of you near the mailbox.

It's awfully hard to organize large groups through trails like the hammers. I would have to suggest that the groups be no larger than 8 rigs and if need be, have an AM and a noon run.

I have no idea what time the group finished jack, but I know it was late in the afternoon.
                      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Elusive, I'm sorry your experience wasn't better.. Every year we line up trail leaders and try to get multiple runs on the trails so that their aren't so many in a single group. We tell everyone how rough the trails are and try to put on a pretty tough inspection to make sure the rigs are capable, but You know that every year one or more of our trail leaders end up backing out at the last minute, (they have good reasons, they are good people but stuff happens) and every year nobody really signs up for the trails and just jump in wherever...

I was back in camp trying to get a trail leader for that run because of what was going on and when I got back to the line you guys were rolling out allready, I knew you had allready been waiting a while and we were trying to fix it, I'm sorry we couldn't fix it in time.

We do our best every year to make sure everybody has a good time, and we do get everybodys rigs off the trails and on the way home, even if it means getting new parts (thanx rat) to them... and going back the next morning...
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                          Elusive, I'm sorry your experience wasn't better.. Every year we line up trail leaders and try to get multiple runs on the trails so that their aren't so many in a single group. We tell everyone how rough the trails are and try to put on a pretty tough inspection to make sure the rigs are capable, but You know that every year one or more of our trail leaders end up backing out at the last minute, (they have good reasons, they are good people but stuff happens) and every year nobody really signs up for the trails and just jump in wherever...

I was back in camp trying to get a trail leader for that run because of what was going on and when I got back to the line you guys were rolling out allready, I knew you had allready been waiting a while and we were trying to fix it, I'm sorry we couldn't fix it in time.

We do our best every year to make sure everybody has a good time, and we do get everybodys rigs off the trails and on the way home, even if it means getting new parts (thanx rat) to them... and going back the next morning...
                          I totally understand that stuff happens, and I'm pretty sure everyone still had fun! I actually got back early and met up with some friends and ran a couple more trails that same day. The only ones I felt bad for were the guys that were a little over their heads and probably needed a trail leader... I think it would have prompted folks to move along a little better too.
                          Out East, the trail runs are different. They usually cook a couple pigs and make pulled pork sandwiches for everyone. there is a huge central campfire and it feels like you are a part of the hosting club for the weekend.
                          I think I am just getting old and crotchity...
                          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Here we go

The pictures, as usual just dont do justice to what it really looks like and what really happened. I guess the pictures mean more to me and the guys that were driving. The thrill of the tilt meter, the engine inspections while suspened in the air....
                            what really broke my heart was the pictures that I took of Kurt just about ready to flop, that didn't come out. I did not have much luck with the camera I took. I am very sorry Kurt, I am not a photographer at all.

I'll start with my very favorite. Look closely at the rear tire.
                            Talk about traction....

This one just takes in all about Stuart. Always smiling, always having a good time of it.

Andrew finding the "vertical limit"

Kurt, showing us how it easy it is with 'no hands'.

Another one of Andrew's vertical limit with the spotters analyizing the situation....

I called this, "Tip toe over the rough spots"...

Tilt meter sounds....

more later.....
                            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Well, being that the wife got scared on Cleghorn I figured I would take one of the easy trails so we did Fisher Mountain. It was a fun scenic run that had a nice challenge at the beginning and end of the trail. The only complaint I have was that we were done by 1pm. I thought we would be out most of the day. Thank you VV for putting together a great event. Thanks to Matt our fearless leader and Kodiak Spirit our tailgunner. We had a great time and look forward to next year. Maybe Outer Limits.:wink:
                              The good news was we only had 5 rigs in our group.

I was actually a little worried that we would be running on fire roads all day. Then we came around the corner to this.

The only real trouble of the day. High centered.

Nice CJ in our group that also had a Vortec.:thumbs_up

Nice view of the lake bed were camp was.

As we came to a down hill that was very sandy Matt told everyone to go very slow and not to get sideways on the hill.

Then here comes Kodiak Spirit. This was the only picture I got because I think he put it neutral and coasted down the hill.:omg:

Finished the run with a short little run through this rock pile.

Truck, meet rock.

Poser shot.

After the run we headed over to Jack Hammer to see if anyone was climbing up. As we climbed the hill (on foot)I found this sitting on a rock and thought to myself. Maybe I choose the right trail to run.

We watched this guy work his way up the hill. I think he went about 50 ft. in 30 min. Could not imagine 20 rigs trying to climb this.

After realizing that the rigs weren't going anywhere soon we headed over to the sand to play around.

My new desktop photo.

All and all a great weekend with some great people.
                              Unfortunately I did not win a darn thing at the raffle :bonk: but I know the money I paid for those tickets will go to a good cause and if it’s keep a trail open then I do win.:thumbs_up
                              Check out .

Comment

great pics man! we thought we would have a bigger group for the run and so it would have gone longer...
                                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X