Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico MONDAY 10/8 (Columbus Day))

There will be a group of Jeeps from Arizona that will be running the Mojave Trail in October, and I've invited them to stay an extra day and run some Calico trails on Monday, October 8. I expect about 7 or 8 rigs. About half of them want to run difficult trails and half want to run easy trails. Kurt (Rat Patrol) will lead a group thru Odessa and Doran Canyons (difficult), and I will lead a group to West Phillips, Kramer Arch, Bismark mine and Wall St. Canyon (moderate).

We will leave Peggy Sue's diner (I-15 and Ghost Town Road) at 8:30 am. Airdown at the trailhead (Calico Road and Doran Scenic Drive) and drivers' meeting at 9:00 am.

Roll call for Odessa/Doran Canyon run:
    [ROLL]368[/ROLL]

Roll call for Phillips/Kramer Arch/Bismark mine/Wall Street Canyon run:
    [ROLL]369[/ROLL]

[WEATHER]92398[/WEATHER]
    Last edited by Russ Chung; 09-24-07, 11:32 PM.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

??? I'm confused... last time I went on a Russ "easy" run in Calico it was Doran.... did Something change???

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=87
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

sounds like a fun run. i am probably interested in going. I'll be at JV on 10/6-7 and assuming the jeep is still in working order i would love to cruise up to calico for a run.
      97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Bummer!!! I have to work that Monday

Comment

ooh im in....just there this past sunday...up duran down odesa
          OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

I sense a vacation day coming on!

I'd like to join you guys!
            Money pit!

Comment

Hi folks, I live in Beautiful Yermo. If you ever wanted to drive Scenic Duran drive, now is the time. No major rains in well over a year and thousands of 4x4s of every shape have competed the full loop. Not near as Difficult as Days of old. Come out and have fun, please clean up when you leave. Thanks-Local

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                Come out and have fun, please clean up when you leave. Thanks-Local
                I couldn't agree with you more!!!!
                Every time my kids and I go out there, we pick up junk here and there. It's embarassing to go out there and see ALL of the trash!
                Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
                  I couldn't agree with you more!!!!
                  Every time my kids and I go out there, we pick up junk here and there. It's embarassing to go out there and see ALL of the trash!
                  .....x2
                  OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

Im gonna try and make it out

Comment

im going to try and make it to
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by RubiRedRoc 07 View Post
                        Hi folks, I live in Beautiful Yermo. If you ever wanted to drive Scenic Duran drive, now is the time. No major rains in well over a year and thousands of 4x4s of every shape have competed the full loop. Not near as Difficult as Days of old. Come out and have fun, please clean up when you leave. Thanks-Local
                        A fairly large group from MJR was at the Calico Clean up last year. It was disgusting to see what we hauled out of there. We were back there a couple of months later and it was trashed up again. Some people just don't get it:bonk:
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Russ,
                          I have to bow out of the Monday run. Sorry, work rears it's ugly head again. I 'm off to Seattle for a Week. I hope this is enough warning. I'm bummed big time.
                          Kurt
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

you won all that raffle stuff and you still have to work? :dunno:

Russ, I'm gonna be out there Monday, I can lead that if you like... :wink:
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Looks like a winner trying to get mo people to go and have Fun. What do you think....Open Diff XJ with a Rubicon Express 5" lift ok to go thru??? Trying to get a friend to bring his new toy...
                              But Count me in
                              2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Working...
                              X