Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain all weekend, need good stories

It rained here all weekend. The jeep didn't move from the driveway. I need see some pictures and hear some good stories. Thanks for the fix!!
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Well... I don't have a good story, but the story that I have can be seen at the Land Use forum under the Butler 2 Fire thread.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

We did a Saturday run here at Cleghorn 26 Jeeps,rained like a motha! Lots of Mud very slippery trail but worth every minute!

I managed to lay the jeep on her side against the wall going up the first major obstacle! Didn’t hurt a thing, but the family had a blast waiting to get out!No Pictures taken because no one wanted to get out and get wet....

Comment

I went with some friends to run the new Fearless Follies trail near El Mirage Dry lake. The trail, or more accurately a series of trails, are medium challenging and hard to follow in many places, but still fun. I got turned around in one place and had to back down a narrow path for severl hundred feet- not alot of fun in the rain. It rained a bit while we were out, which just helped hold the dust down. We camped on Saturday night- got sprinkled on a few times as we watched very dark clouds move over the San Gabriels. The sprinkles stopped by 6pm or so and we were able to eat outside around a campfire and swap lies for several hours. It was a beautiful evening in the desert and a great break from the city. It sounds like we missed the really big storms that came through LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Dog View Post
          We did a Saturday run here at Cleghorn 26 Jeeps,rained like a motha! Lots of Mud very slippery trail but worth every minute!

I managed to lay the jeep on her side against the wall going up the first major obstacle! Didn’t hurt a thing, but the family had a blast waiting to get out!No Pictures taken because no one wanted to get out and get wet....
          Lead Dog, we met at 4wheel parts Friday! 4 of us ran Cleghorn 1st from east to west, then back, what a day! I looked for you however didn't see you? We met lots of Jeeps, each guy I talked to comming in your direction didn't even know how many was in their group! Like he said, it was raining on Cleghorn. After airing down our 4 Jeeps hit the trail, the other guys with me have never been there. There was lots of slick mud and plenty of obsticles for having fun! We arrived at the biggest hill, rivers running down where your tires go. I had a hard time climbing it when it was dry but heck, it's a Jeep and that was why I was there! I started out slow only to just get stopped, spinning all 4 tires, so here I go, a little more skinny pedal to clear the mud and start upshifting! I slowed some for the rock ledge 3/4 ways up and with all the rain the rocks were just too slick, I gunned it 4 or 5 times getting the front end in the air and sliding to my left into a large rock, :omg: that was scary! Fearing my seat's life (and mine) I decided to stop my attempt. Now for the scary ride backwards down the narrow hill! Right when I cleared the rocks, down it went, sliding all 4 tires, pretty fast right to the bottom, whew, so far so good! No one else would try it, so we went to our right up and around through the trees to the top, cool part of the trail! Shortly after, we started encountering oncomming Jeeps, 4 not in a club, some Drifters, then some Inland Empire Jeeps, then tons of drifters! They were all waiting up for one another in a wide spot, so we sneaked by. We went all the way west on the trail through the mud and gook and decided to go back, this was cool, it was raining pretty hard and the slop was getting deeper! I made it through some tight twisty mucky canyons to find myself all alone, then came the call on the CB you don't want anyone to make for you, "Gene, come back, Dave needs a tow!" Sure enough, trying to follow the green monster (it lures other Jeeps from time to time) Dave's newly finished LJ could not make it throught the same spot. he tried and tried till he was axle deep in slop so I turned back around to strap him (I wanted to immortalize him in a pic for eturnity)however the 2 Jeeps behind him decided to take the bypass, so he managed to back out before I could get back, darn! We ate lunch and the rain stopped. We continued east on the trail down the cool big hill, I asked for someone to try it now that the rivers were not running down it, no takers. So the guy who got stuck said he would go up right after me, so here I go again, slipping and sliding to the same spot, bouncing up, just not over! Again, it was enough for me, since my chances to slide on my top were greated than to go over the ledge, once again I tucked my tail and joined the other Jeeps. We continued on the rest of the trail, where did all those Jeeps go!!! We saw no one during our ride back, almost scary! It was a great time, neat to see so many Jeeps out in the rain and fog, I hope to do it again soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Double G View Post
            Lead Dog, we met at 4wheel parts Friday! 4 of us ran Cleghorn 1st from east to west, then back, what a day! I looked for you however didn't see you? We met lots of Jeeps, each guy I talked to comming in your direction didn't even know how many was in their group! Like he said, it was raining on Cleghorn. After airing down our 4 Jeeps hit the trail, the other guys with me have never been there. There was lots of slick mud and plenty of obsticles for having fun! We arrived at the biggest hill, rivers running down where your tires go. I had a hard time climbing it when it was dry but heck, it's a Jeep and that was why I was there! I started out slow only to just get stopped, spinning all 4 tires, so here I go, a little more skinny pedal to clear the mud and start upshifting! I slowed some for the rock ledge 3/4 ways up and with all the rain the rocks were just too slick, I gunned it 4 or 5 times getting the front end in the air and sliding to my left into a large rock, :omg: that was scary! Fearing my seat's life (and mine) I decided to stop my attempt. Now for the scary ride backwards down the narrow hill! Right when I cleared the rocks, down it went, sliding all 4 tires, pretty fast right to the bottom, whew, so far so good! No one else would try it, so we went to our right up and around through the trees to the top, cool part of the trail! Shortly after, we started encountering oncomming Jeeps, 4 not in a club, some Drifters, then some Inland Empire Jeeps, then tons of drifters! They were all waiting up for one another in a wide spot, so we sneaked by. We went all the way west on the trail through the mud and gook and decided to go back, this was cool, it was raining pretty hard and the slop was getting deeper! I made it through some tight twisty mucky canyons to find myself all alone, then came the call on the CB you don't want anyone to make for you, "Gene, come back, Dave needs a tow!" Sure enough, trying to follow the green monster (it lures other Jeeps from time to time) Dave's newly finished LJ could not make it throught the same spot. he tried and tried till he was axle deep in slop so I turned back around to strap him (I wanted to immortalize him in a pic for eturnity)however the 2 Jeeps behind him decided to take the bypass, so he managed to back out before I could get back, darn! We ate lunch and the rain stopped. We continued east on the trail down the cool big hill, I asked for someone to try it now that the rivers were not running down it, no takers. So the guy who got stuck said he would go up right after me, so here I go again, slipping and sliding to the same spot, bouncing up, just not over! Again, it was enough for me, since my chances to slide on my top were greated than to go over the ledge, once again I tucked my tail and joined the other Jeeps. We continued on the rest of the trail, where did all those Jeeps go!!! We saw no one during our ride back, almost scary! It was a great time, neat to see so many Jeeps out in the rain and fog, I hope to do it again soon!
            Sounds like you were dam Lucky not to slide that shinny top down the hill! I think you guy's passed us when we were sitting in the first big clearing where the bypasses start! we had a great day pretty un eventful!This weekend I think were going to check out the Jeep Speed racers and then maybe a ride down RattleSnake!If I come up I'll give you a yell!

Comment

awesome stories!!
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
              X