Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear Oct 6-7 Camping

Anybody down to go camping/wheeling that weekend. Not sure what open or campable but I'd like to go up there and check things out.
    Last edited by paulhead; 09-21-07, 12:00 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

I'm actually going to be camping here with a few friends at one of the YP sites next weekend.

Keep in mind that because of the fires, there's a huge amount of area that's going to be completely inaccessable for quite some time. There's some good camping south of the lake, but pretty much all the trails there are really mild.

Most of the YP sites north of the lake were in the burn areas or were close enough to be unavailable.

Comment

OFF ROAD EXPO is goiing on that week-end in Pamona, in case you did not know, but camping/wheelin is more important
      06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
      07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
        OFF ROAD EXPO is goiing on that week-end in Pamona, in case you did not know, but camping/wheelin is more important
        Wow, I did'nt know. I missed last year but have gone like the last 4 before that. Gonna' have to go, thanx for the heads up.

Comment

I'll be in Hawaii and miss both these! ... or wait.... I'll be in Hawaii.... SUCKERS!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
            Wow, I did'nt know. I missed last year but have gone like the last 4 before that. Gonna' have to go, thanx for the heads up.
            Soooo, does this mean it's cancelled? I think this date would actually be far enough out to have the new carb installed on the YJ. I may go anyway if I have the time off.
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
              Soooo, does this mean it's cancelled? I think this date would actually be far enough out to have the new carb installed on the YJ. I may go anyway if I have the time off.
              Depends how many people want to go. I'd really like to go to the expo though, whatever, it's a ways off. Wheelin' saturday, expo sunday?

Comment

Depends how many people want to go. I'd really like to go to the expo though, whatever, it's a ways off. Wheelin' saturday, expo sunday?
                Ok, well let me confirm the time off from work first. I wouldn't want to commit and then have to work! I wiggled out of the Virginia trip, but I dunno if I can dodge the next one.

Comment

Hey paulhead . . . I've never been to the Off Road Expo. Is it a pretty major event where all the major companies are represented? Can you get some good deals on things like armor, tires, etc? I've got a list going, and if I can get it all at once, save some cash, and not have to pay for shipping, it would be well worth it. I'll have to check my schedule as it gets closer, but Wheelin' Sat and Expo Sun sounds like a great idea . . . put me down as a maybe and I'll post up as the date gets closer.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    Hey paulhead . . . I've never been to the Off Road Expo. Is it a pretty major event where all the major companies are represented? Can you get some good deals on things like armor, tires, etc? I've got a list going, and if I can get it all at once, save some cash, and not have to pay for shipping, it would be well worth it. I'll have to check my schedule as it gets closer, but Wheelin' Sat and Expo Sun sounds like a great idea . . . put me down as a maybe and I'll post up as the date gets closer.
                    Yeah it's alot of fun and everybodys' there, 4wheelparts, M.O.R.E. , Rubicon, everybody. I got some extra savings on some stuff from a few vendoras 'cause I wheeled and dealed and paid cash on the spot. Last time I was there they had a motorcycle show and a rockcrawling set up. I can't wait to take my kids.

Comment

Sorta like a mini-SEMA only geared towards off-road applications? Sounds like a blast! Do you have to be a vendor to get in like SEMA?

WoooHooo! I just got to work, checked my schedule, and I've got the 6-7 off!!! Now if only the carb gets here soon.
                      Last edited by USMC 0369; 09-23-07, 11:46 AM.

Comment

No you don't have to be a vendor. I went last year and I wish I could go again. Even more JKs will be done up this year I'm sure! Here's a few pictures from last year:
                        http://jeep.matandtiff.com/2006/10/09/offroad-expo/
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

http://ca.offroadexpo.com/orepomona/v42/index.cvn

Comment

Looks really cool! I'll try to get there! My day's off are not as previously advertised:

I'm off the 5th & 6th. Have to be at work on 7th. So if you're not going camping, I'm still going to TRY to go on the 5th, maybe make the expo on the 6th. I'm hoping to make it a reconassance trip to 2n84 to see how it looks after the fire.

Comment

I guess someone should change the name of this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X