Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 50yj View Post
    I vote big bear for the next trip. Let me know.
    Hey Sergio,

I'd love to get back up to Big Bear and would like to run the White Mountain trail that Russ was talking about yesterday. There's also a trail called Heartbreak Ridge that I've yet to run that sounds cool. When were you thinking about heading up there? I'm not familiar enough with the trails or experienced enough to lead, so we'd need some others that know the area well. I've been thru Dishpan, Holcomb, John Bull, and Gold Mountain . . . I'd be up for running any of them agian, although I think I'd like to get a bit more armor and skill before tempting fate on John Bull again! Let me know what sounds good and we'll post up a thread.

-Joe
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Hi All, had a good time on the trail, exploring in an area I have never ventured! I would like to run more trails in that area, just need more time! Flying "J" was a great meeting spot, lots of room and fuel too.

Russ also directed us to a great place for dinner, thanks again Russ!

Comment

Nice writeup and photos Russ! Looks like a fun day.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Finally, I get to check out 'The Russ Report'
          That's why I like going with you Russ, always great photos and a great day...

That was great day....My apologies for the :confused2 condition I was in...lack of sleep and all...

Besides my mental health issues,had a great time and was glad to meet Gene and Sergio.... Both with fantastic rigs :drool: :drool::drool:

It was nice to explore the other trails in the area.
          Can't wait to go when it's wet
          That's gonna be fun...even for Gene and Sergio..

Anyway, thanks again for a great day, Russ...
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Nice report and pics. Looks like a great day.
            Schmo, if you get something going through heartbreak let me know?
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              Nice report and pics. Looks like a great day.
              Schmo, if you get something going through heartbreak let me know?
              Hey hit me up too if ya go on Heartbreak.

Russ, great report and a great idea to check out the other trails in the area. I still haven't driven Miller so that will probably be my first expedition, but the others sound like fun too!
              Last edited by Mike; 09-10-07, 09:04 PM. Reason: spellin'
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Guys,

Just let me know when you'd like to run Heartbreak and I'll get a thread started . . . how do this Sat 9/15 or next Sat 9/22 look? Do you think we'd have time to squeeze in White Mountain or Holcomb too or is Heartbreak an all day run?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                  Hey Guys,

Just let me know when you'd like to run Heartbreak and I'll get a thread started . . . how do this Sat 9/15 or next Sat 9/22 look? Do you think we'd have time to squeeze in White Mountain or Holcomb too or is Heartbreak an all day run?
                  I might be able to go this Saturday. Not sure I want to go the 22nd. I might be going to Fun in the Desert and would need at least one full weekend to get the pearl ready. Lets start a thread and see if there's interest. :hijack:Sorry Russ
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                    Do you think we'd have time to squeeze in White Mountain or Holcomb too or is Heartbreak an all day run?
                    You could do both Heartbreak and White Mountain if you start reasonably early, have less than a dozen rigs, and have no problems. Wish I could make it but too much is way behind on the house.
                    Sandy Reshes
                    95 ZJ Laredo
                    05 Rubicon

Comment

:hijack: Thread Posted - Sat 9/15 - Big Bear Anyone? :gun: Hope you guys can make it . . . it would be great to wheel with you all again!

Comment

[QUOTE=Russ Chung;85189]
                        The Halfmoon trail was mostly sand, rock and dust, with a few puddles of water here and there. I think it would be much more interesting early in the year when there is more water in Piru Creek. We retraced our path to Lockwood Valley Road. It was late in the day, so our group decided to wait until next time to explore Dome Springs and we aired up. [QUOTE]

I must admit that I'm not ready to tempt fate on a snow covered Lockwood or Miller, but thought this trail might be fun with the recent rain...possibly snow. Anyone interested in getting up there soon?

Comment

Working...
                        X