Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewinder/Corral Canyon

Well, my phone rang around 6 this morning and I found out that some friends were leaving early to Corral Canyon to hopefully beat the heat. Got up there around 7AM and found it to be kinda nice and cool out. It did start heating up around 11, though. Along with my Jeep, there was a built Datsun truck, a Dodge pickup and a... baja bug.:confused: Cool thing was that since it rained thye other night, there was no dust.

That guy is brave for bringing that dodge on the trail.
    :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by medicmahem View Post
      That guy is brave for bringing that dodge on the trail.
      Yeah, I think he was getting ready to kill me half way thru the trail, but didn't really have too much trouble. You know, this trail run really showed how experience plays a much larger part than having a tricked out rig in getting you thru a trail. The Datsun pickup was by far the most capable rig out there (spring-over-axles, lockers, warn winch, 33" at's) but was the only one that got stuck on the really difficult part of the trail. Of course, this was I believe his introduction into wheeling. He just took the wrong line and got both diffs stuck on the rocks. So after jacking up the front and rear ends, stacking some rocks under the tires, I spotted him thru. Half way along the trial, the baja bug lost its fan belt, so had to be towed the rest of the way out. And it was a blast watching the near-stock full-sized Dodge truck flex its way thru the rocks. All and all, a fun off road adventure!

Comment

Good report!

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
        Half way along the trial, the baja bug lost its fan belt, so had to be towed the rest of the way out.
        If you loose a belt: You can use panty hose to get cha out of a jam if you dont have an extra belt, stretch em real tight and tie in a knot. I carry an extra belt and panty hose! Nice report looks like ya'll had a good time!
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Video

Cool, I'll have to keep that in mind for next time!
          Here's a video I made for my friends who came along.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pk6x7QrVnbY

Comment

Great Vid! I'm not sure how I missed the post of the video. I love that you got the VW Bug through the trail!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Excellent video. I need to learn how to combine video and pictures like that. The helmets on the BUG driver/passenger was a nice touch!

Comment

Working...
              X