Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Jeep Trail

Anyone interested in going on the Miller Jeep Trail?
    Myself and 2 maybe 3 jeeps are meeting at flying J gas stop saturday morning, Departing @ 8:AM (before the heat)and finish up in Hungry Valley's OHV area. Bring lunch and plenty of fluids for the trail. Reply with msg.

i wish i could make it, if it was the weekend after that i would love to go. did you see the post by sandy? they are going that day also. just FYI if you didnt know.
    97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Sandy, ReconZJ, and I will be up there this Sat as well, meeting at the Flying J @ 8:30 . . . It'd be cool to meet and run the trails with you guys. Why don't you post up a thread on the other Miller Jeep Trail post started by Sandy . . . hope to see you guys on Sat!!!

P.S. - Some of the MJR guys were up there a couple of weeks back and were approached by "the Man" at the Flying J and were told that Miller was closed and citations were being issued. Check out the other tread to see any updates we've found . . . might need to run it from Gorman vs. Frasier Park.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I don't understand how the CHP (or was it the sheriff?) could be threatening to hand out citations on land that is policed by the forest service ....

Comment

That was me that posted that...(unless someone else encountered the same thing)...

We didn't see any CHP (or any other agency, for that matter) at all.....

I was a little late getting to the J's, and I ended up meeting with some random Jeeps (guys that didn't post here...)
          When we were about to leave the gas station, a Sheriff came up to us, and told us the following...

"...they just closed it yesterday, and they are stationed by the 'road closed' sign, issuing citations....."

Now, a guy in our group tried calling a # he had (to be honest, don't know who he tried....) but got no answer, as in no one picked up....
          So, continues to say "....you guys can go through, if you want...I'm just giving you 'a heads up'. I was told that they are closing the trail because the Santa Barbara fire is getting too close...."

He was nice about the whole thing. He wasn't being a :censor: at all, he was just informing us of the possibility of some kinda policing of the entrance.

We decided to go through Gormin, because even the Sheriff agreed, that if we just came out, then it would be a different story...

All this was for nothing...:omg:
          As we rounded the Alamo, and got the entrance(exit) of the trail...we saw several groups coming out....
          and passed a few groups on the way down....
          And none of them, that's right, no one saw, heard, talked to, or even thought about

What I am getting at is....don't worry about it. Unless you have heard about a real closure, run the normal way....
          Unless you are feeling brave... and want to run it 'down hill'

By the way, who knows who to call to see if routes are open? What's the correct #s for BLM and/or Forest Service? If I wanted to find out it an N route is open on the central coast who would I call?
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
            By the way, who knows who to call to see if routes are open? What's the correct #s for BLM and/or Forest Service? If I wanted to find out it an N route is open on the central coast who would I call?
            Hey David,

I've used the US Forest Service site quite a bit (www.fs.fed.us) . . . it seems to depend on the area, but some areas, like Los Padres N.F. (MJT,Gorman, etc) have some pretty good info on the trails, etc on the site. Also has info on closures and I think #s for info hot-lines, ranger stations, etc.

BTW . . . It looks like most of the trails east of the 33 will be reopened tomorrow and the fire is about 95% contained so I don't think we'll have any issues.
            Last edited by Schmo; 08-29-07, 06:25 PM.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
            X