Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Jeep Trail

Gary (ReconZJ) & I are meeting at the Flying J (Frazier Park exit on I-5 north of Gorman) at 8:30am and leaving for the trail at 8:45am if anybody is interested.
    Sandy Reshes
    95 ZJ Laredo
    05 Rubicon

"I just ran it last weekend, but from Gormin down. We got tricked at the Flying J's. A Sheriff came over to us (there were 3 of us) and informed us that "the trail just closed yesterday" and that "CHP would be at the gate issuing citations to people found in or at the trail.."
    We couldn't get a straight answer about the whole thing, so we just cruised through Gormin...And @ the top of the Alamo.... we saw couple groups, coming out of the trail.... we also passed a couple more.
    I don't know what I am getting at, really. Maybe, I am just sharing so if you encounter such info, even if it's from the , don't trust it...Just use the force, Luke..
    It is REALLY DUSTY there, I mean dusty, still cleaning..."

Hey Sandy,

I noticed this post from David (Hwy420) . . . is the trail back open or do we have to run it a different direction?:dunno:
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

[QUOTE=Schmo;84511Hey Sandy,
      I noticed this post from David (Hwy420) . . . is the trail back open or do we have to run it a different direction?:dunno:[/QUOTE]

Good question. If they passed people coming from the other direction then those folks likely came in from the Lockwood trailhead. I'll try to get more info
      Sandy Reshes
      95 ZJ Laredo
      05 Rubicon

Comment

Hey Sandy . . . I found this today on a Forest Service site. We should be good to go now.

P.S. - Anybody got a spare tie rod that they could bring along just in case? I think I'll be fine, but my stock one took a coule good whacks in Big Bear and I'd hate for it to break half way thru Miller and not have a spare. I have one on order but am not sure if it'll arrive by Sat.

"Some areas within Los Padres National Forest east of Highway 33 previously closed to public entry, will be reopened on August 30. The revised emergency closure will encompass all national forest lands between Highway 166 and Highway 33. On the east side of Highway 33, the Pine Mountain Road (AKA Reyes Peak Road and Forest Road 6N06), and all recreation facilities along the road will remain closed, as will the Boulder Canyon Trail (Forest Trail 23W03) between Pine Mountain Road and the Forest Service Station at Ozena."

Comment

You guys should be fine...We asked the people we ran into if there were any police at all, and none of them reported they even saw one.
          In fact, when we were on Gold Mtn road through Gormin, we passed a ranger and he didn't stop us or signal to us at all to stop or go back...
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Hey Guys . . . Are we still on for tomorrow @ 8:30?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
              Hey Guys . . . Are we still on for tomorrow @ 8:30?
              Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!
              Sandy Reshes
              95 ZJ Laredo
              05 Rubicon

Comment

Sweet!!! What time are you planning to leave to arrive at 8:30 w/ the holiday traffic?

Do you or Gary happen to have a spare tie rod? I'm a bit paranoid after hearing about two people snapping theirs in the last week. I ordered a new one but it didn't arrive . . . figured I'd replace the stock one and keep it as a trail spare.

Comment

Sweet!!! What time are you planning to leave to arrive at 8:30 w/ the holiday traffic?

Do you or Gary happen to have a spare tie rod? I'm a bit paranoid after hearing about two people snapping theirs in the last week. I ordered a new one but it didn't arrive . . . figured I'd replace the stock one and keep it as a trail spare.
                  Yeah, Gary has been carrying my spare tie rod. I'll remind him to bring it. Gary and I are meeting at the Saugus Cafe for breakfast around 6:45-7am and then heading up.
                  Sandy Reshes
                  95 ZJ Laredo
                  05 Rubicon

Comment

See you in the morning . . . I've PM'd you w/ my cell # just in case.

Will you be in the TJ or is the ZJ back in action?
                    Last edited by Schmo; 08-31-07, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Yep, got ya covered. I'm headed out to the garage in a few minutes to load everything up.

g
                      Gary
                      '97 ZJ - lifted, locked & loaded

Comment

See you in the morning . . . I've PM'd you w/ my cell # just in case.

Will you be in the TJ or is the ZJ back in action?
                        The plan is to bring the ZJ. Gotta get up early and tighten some stuff to try and find some vibes and rattles but the ZJ is the plan.
                        Sandy Reshes
                        95 ZJ Laredo
                        05 Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                        X