Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go without my jeep for a couple of weeks and I'm lost. I fixed the post and it reads "south". When I went before there wasn't a white house where I turned, but the GPS numbers I have should be real close. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

No white house where we turned either. We did follow a path that lead toward a ranch and stayed to the right of the trails leading to it and it's corrals and the trail did the work leading us right into the wash where we hung a left and followed it into the canyon. The toughest part was finding the right path off the 247 w/out the GPS coords.

Comment

Rattlesnake Cyn

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction, I found it on my mapping sortware. Shouldn't be any trouble now.
        Not sure when I'll check this one out but will be soon, maybe early morning run to avoid the heat and have lunch in Big Bear.....anyone???
        If not, will have to get "lead" thru with the USV's in Sept just for giggles......
        John & Kristi

Comment

looks like a fun trail, thanks for sharing
          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
            Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction, I found it on my mapping sortware. Shouldn't be any trouble now.
            Not sure when I'll check this one out but will be soon, maybe early morning run to avoid the heat and have lunch in Big Bear.....anyone???
            If not, will have to get "lead" thru with the USV's in Sept just for giggles......
            PM me when you are ready to go. I have a Jeep KJ at All J's shop up there getting SFA'd and I will be needing to take a few trips up there over the next month or so. It would be cool to actually wheel to get there instead of driving up the Twisty 18 on the North side.
            Would need to be a Saturday.

Comment

My "Howell" fuel injection will be installed this Sunday (12th) and if everything goes well I will have my "break in" miles finished and be ready for a trip by Saturday (18th) and I would love to do something mild like Rattlesnake Canyon.

Mitch

Comment

Impromptu (sp?) run..

...cool, I will let you know. We can shoot for the 18 and see what develops......
                John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                  ...cool, I will let you know. We can shoot for the 18 and see what develops......
                  That might work for me!

Comment

As for this Saturday....

.....looks like I'm gonna have to re-schedule. Had some things come up......I'll repost when I can or if somebody else gets a run going....
                    John & Kristi

Comment

Hey Twister,

The Fuel Injection turned out to be more than a 1 day project, so no wheeling till the 25th. I will be ready one way or another! So if you mant to make plans, count me in for the 25th.

Mitch

Comment

Ok....

....let me know how it goes and we'll work it out....anybody else wanna go????
                        John & Kristi

Comment

I would be interested. Let us know when you get a date.
                          Check out .

Comment

OK, looks like.......

:gun:...the 25 will be a good date. I got word some old friends are spending the weekend in Big Bear so we are going to do the Rattlesnake Cyn run and then have dinner with our friends in BB. This run is going to be more of a scenic drive then serious wheelin for us so we're thinking driving out to Lucerne via the southern route of Interstate 10. :bart:Leave early to beat the heat of the desert, say like 8AM/9AM be at the turn off from the 247......
                            Anyway, I will put up a new post later and see what we get going, should be fun, maybe lunch out on the trail?????
                            John & Kristi

Comment

Count me in for the 25th. The engine swap/fuel injection is complete and ready to go. My Warn gas tank skid goes on tomarrow (Sat) and I'm set (till I break something else that I can upgrade!)

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X