Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Post 5

After 2 weeks of non stop prep trying to get the new to us rig ready to go, Tracy and I left Norco at 8pm on Friday headed for Fawnskin. We pulled off in to a turn out on 3N12 at midnight and called it a day.

Saturday morning we were up with the sun. We off loaded the Jeep and drove to Yellow Post 5.

We set up camp.

On Saturday we traveled on routes 2N84A, 3N12, 3N14, 3N14G, 3N16, 3N16L, 3N90, 3N89, 3N08, 2N13, 2N70, 2N70A, 2N04X, 2N79Y and 2N80.

Sunday morning we left camp at 9:30 and headed for Aspen Glen Picnic area to meet up with Max and Aimee. We explored 2N10, 2N10B, 2N24Y, 2N85, 2N86, 2N86A, 2N11 and 2N11A.

at 2pm we headed back for the North side of the lake and the four of us headed up to Butler Peak.

Monday found Tracy and I alone on the trails again and we wheeled on 2N84, 2N84A, 2N84B, 3N80, 3N12C, 2N90F, 2N90, 3N10, 3N23, 3N07, 3N05, and 3N12. We broke camp and loaded up the Jeep at 2pm. Home at 6pm.

Temps each day were in the mid 90's and the lows at night were in the mid 50's. There was always a nice breeze blowing through camp and sitting in the shade was very comfortable and relaxing.

Another great weekend in the SBNF.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Cool trip and nice report. Ha! What, did you just go drive all the trails that you hadn't been on before? I bet there are new geo caches everywhere now!

It looks like you had a great time. Hope to run some trails with you again soon.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Wow!! Nice setup and great pics!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        What, did you just go drive all the trails that you hadn't been on before?
        We spent a lot of time mapping out Yellow Post sites. It will take me a few hours to put all the info together. Look for the YP thread in the GPS and Mapping section in the next day or two.

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        I bet there are new geo caches everywhere now!
        15 new geocaches to be exact :smile:
        Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Working...
        X