Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, Great88 - that doesn't work. Posting that a bypass is illegal is basically engraving an invitation - plus that would be one more type of sign that we'd need to keep in inventory, maintain, etc.

If I get some time, I'll take the section on DVR's (Designated Vehicle Routes) that I use for teaching the Rules and Regulations class and clean it up - see if Sarah will "sticky" it somewhere.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      If I get some time, I'll take the section on DVR's (Designated Vehicle Routes) that I use for teaching the Rules and Regulations class and clean it up - see if Sarah will "sticky" it somewhere.
      I'd find that very informative!!
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Assuming I don't pi$$ off anymore "Feds with Guns" today, might get to it. If not - there's always tomorrow
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

Actually we will be posting signs with some kind of notice on which is the trail...

Comment

DJ, be very careful doing that - signage needs approval....
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
              DJ, be very careful doing that - signage needs approval....

Thanks - we are aware.

Comment

O.K. the feedback we are looking for now is trail reports from anyone who wants to tackle the trail, 2N17X, Pilot Rock, take gatekeeper dead center, do the extra credit on the right at the top of the first climb, do the middle designated route, and let us know how your rig is set up and how you did and what you think, so we can tell if we need to do anymore work on those spots. A lot of dirt is gonna be moved with a little bit of traffic, so GET TO IT!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I'll give it try as soon as I can. Lot's of things going on this weekend, but it's close to home for me so I'll see if I can squeeze in a run.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                    I'll give it try as soon as I can. Lot's of things going on this weekend, but it's close to home for me so I'll see if I can squeeze in a run.
                    Let me know when you are goin and I might join you!

Comment

Okay... I'll Bite!

Alright! Ya twisted my arm! I'm running the trail on Saturady morning. See the new trail ride post if interested.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Thanx for all the info on the trail work done in the revenge post! I will call the workday a success!
                        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yeah, I'd say it was a very successful day! Thanks to you and all the VV4W'ers for all the work on one of my favorite trails. I wish that I could have gotten free on those days to help.

[/COLOR]

Comment

I like the 2N17X, but I'm wondering if I'll be able to take it anymore? I need some more info. If there are 4 accents possible on the main hill, starting at the bottom looking up, you have route 1 on the far left, and route 4 that is on the far right and is the easiest of the bunch.

Route 1 (far left) was too deeply rutted out last fall, and last month when I ran it the log poles were quite effectively blocking it.

Route 2 (center) was way too knarly for my long wheel base Rover on 32's.

Route 3 (right) was pretty easy last fall, blocked off last month.

Route 4 (far right) was the only way up for me this past trip, and on the three times I've done the trail, was always the one the dirt bikers, quads and Rhinos would do.

So, though you "massaged" Route 2, I suspect it might still be pretty impassable for me, whereas the rest of the trail is easy and fun. Will Route 4 (far right) remain open?
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

nwoods - - using your route #'s:

Route 1 and 3 were illegal routes made by others who could not get up route 2 and didn't want to take route 4. In order for us to keep 2n17x open we needed to block off the illegal routes.

Route 2 is the more difficult route, we did shave it off a little to make it less dangerous and passable to vehicles that are better equipped and want the challenge. For those that choose not to take route 2, they can use route 4, which is the legal bypass.

Both route 2 and 4 will remain open as they are the legal trail and legal bypass.

Comment

Working...
                              X