This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
    I'm pretty new at this . . . is there anyone who'd be able to show me the ropes and spot me in the tougher parts?:dunno:
    we'll get you through. between rat, russ, dan, and malachi you've got some of the best wheelers/spotters around.

an added advantage is that most of us also have 2" lifts so you'll be able to judge what your vehicle can do by watching us. just stay behind one of us and watch carefully, and never feel afraid to ask for a spotter.

cheers, see you tomorrow.

PS edit: what tam said. dings, scratches, or dents possible as these are tough trails. but in my opinion, you'll never learn unless you try. you can always leave after the first run if you don't feel comfortable with the trails.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Thanks . . . I look forward to meeting everybody tomorrow!!!

maddmike - I'll be honest, I am a bit nervous having seen some pics of the trails we'll be running . . . but at the same time, I've gotta learn sometime as I certainly didn't buy a Jeep for it's on-road capiblities or gas mileage! I'm sure I'll be taking you up on the spotting offer . . . a lot!!!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

maddmike - I'll be honest, I am a bit nervous having seen some pics of the trails we'll be running . . . but at the same time, I've gotta learn sometime as I certainly didn't buy a Jeep for it's on-road capiblities or gas mileage! I'm sure I'll be taking you up on the spotting offer . . . a lot!!!
        Just follow the bangs,paint marks,and wheel stands, and all will be good
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I've gone with a few of these guys before and they are great. This is a great group to go with if your new at this.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
            Just follow the bangs,paint marks,and wheel stands, and all will be good
            freewaydan, I just noticed you have a 4.3L in your jeep. So do I. Can't wait to check yours out.
            Check out .

Comment

looks like I will be in.

Comment

Well it looks like Barb & I are out. Hector is still in pieces, and the garage I am using is closed until 10 am tomorrow.

Got the distributor and carb install/modification done...and was having one hell of a time tuning the carb when a friend said..."It appears you have a vacuum leak somewhere, did you check the manifold gaskets?"

Which turned into a warped intake manifold and a cracked exhaust manifold (which spewed hot exhaust onto the intake and warped it). So I'm shopping on eBay for a new exhaust manifold and I sorta "ghetto" rigged the intake by rubbing it on the concrete for a while.

I'll be thinking of you, wheel safe.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Okay...I'm in...what kin d of gas station am I looking for....the bigger landmark the better....those street signs are getting smaller and smaller every year....I don't understand it
                  1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Well,
                    Just got home from BB. Broke the UCA mount off of the rear axle and barely made it home. Won't be going tomorrow. Have fun, Holcomb was great, very dry and dusty, but the rock gardens are good. I broke right after the first rock garden going east to west. That was fun... NOT!
                    Be careful and have fun.
                    RAt
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

thanks for the run, wish I could of stayed longer. Next time I will conquer the waterfall. Hopefully everybody got out ok.

Comment

Dan, I am still downloading pictures...but this one here is from our earlier trip to Cleghorn, was this the one you were looking for?
                        Last edited by Mtbikbob; 07-23-07, 07:15 AM.
                        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Thats the pic i wanted, can you send it to me?
                          Freewaydan@aol.com thanks bob
                          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Great run! Thanks Danny for putting this together. I'm sorry that Jim had to bail out early, but I know how the work thing is.

I haven't downloaded the pics for the camera yet. I'll try to get some posted tonight. No carnage that I know of. It was a good day of wheelin'!
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Trail discussion moved to here

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                              X