Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple jeep trail

Hello ladies and gents. Just wanted to know if you guys have some easy trails for me and my friend to do tommorow. Im looking for a full day excursion, maybe with a hiking trail, taking pictures, etc.. I have an almost stock TJ, 2" lift and 32 in all terrain. Thanks.

Try Rincon Shortcut, above La Canada. Take your swim trunks, as there is a small swimming hole at the bottom of the hill. Stop at the Ranger station at Clear Creek Junction and get a permit nd combo to the gate lock. Hope that helps.
    Bruce

Comment

x2

That was my intro to offraoding. You'll prolly only need 2wd.

Comment

Yes, yes, yes. Rincon shortcut is a great easy trail. You need a permit and the gate combo. On weekends and holidays they can be secured from the ranger station at Azusa Canyon, other times you need to go the ranger station in Glendora. It is an easy run (all 4x4s will make it), but you will see wonderful vistas, hopefully the ocean, and have a nice stream crossing. The typical way to run the trail is from Azusa Canyon up to near Red Box (Angeles Crest Highway). Give it a shot.

Another easy trail (more difficult if you take the side trails) is to do Cleghorn Ridge off of Hwy 15.

I am sure you can find info for both trails posted on this site.

Happy Fourth.
        Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

hey thanks for the fast reply guys. i'll try that tommorow. you guys have a great 4th, stay safe.

Comment

Working...
          X