Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids on Public Lands

So did anyone support KOPL? Any stories or pics that can be shared? I wanted to go, but had other commitments (My Mom was in town).
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Well, I was there (of course). As far as MJR folks, Russ Chung and Brian (ECV) were there - I know 'cuz I put them to work!
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      Well, I was there (of course). As far as MJR folks, Russ Chung and Brian (ECV) were there - I know 'cuz I put them to work!
      I have read of this event several times and have talked to a few guys from other forums who are interested in it. Is there a limited number of drivers andrigs needed, and what are the other volunteer positions that are needed.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
        Nyar nyar nyarrrrr... You slave driver
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
          I have read of this event several times and have talked to a few guys from other forums who are interested in it. Is there a limited number of drivers andrigs needed, and what are the other volunteer positions that are needed.
          I just found out about this program recently and didn't have time to get free for it, but I helped the Waywegos with their 35th annual kids run a few weeks ago. What a great bunch of folks. The kids love it, and it's a great day to meet some really neat people. The FS came down the trail in a fire truck with the sirens wailing and lights going. Smokey the Bear made an appearance as well. The kids all got to operate the fire hose, and climb around the truck. I took hundreds of pictures of nothing but smiles. I'll be back again next year, and look forward to this event as well. There's always something for a volunteer to do, if you're so inclined.
          Rat
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I'll remember next year to post the contact info for signing up. My girlfriend (Steph) handled it this year.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

There are plenty of rigs and drivers at the event to drive the boys on Saturday. The same is nearly true on Sunday when the girls go out (boy drivers for the boys, girls for the girls). However, for those that want to help out and drive one of the 4 runs, you can. My firend and his wife (actually she is in charge, he is just dead weight)are in charge of the kids activities at the Discovery Center. That is a spot where help is needed.

As the event approaches next year, I will be certain to post information about helping out as well.

The event is a good time, and I would encourage you to participate.
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Working...
              X