Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidewinder without lockers

Charles Wells book says, 'lockers required'. Well no locker Bob went to try it out....since 'rat' did it without in days gone, it must be doable....yes?

Well, so far so good.....
    and here comes the 'true test'.....

can it be done.....well in mark's video the one jeep did it in two wheel drive....

more fun stuff on the one mile stretch called 'sidewinder'

Then we went exploring in McCann Valley....mostly motorcycle stuff, but we made the most of the nastiest thing we could find.....

Then off to Elliot's Mine on the I 8 at Inkopah...interesting area,

and a poser shot, well...just because I can.
    Last edited by Mtbikbob; 06-09-07, 10:07 PM.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Great Report and it looks like a great day of wheelin'. :thumbs_up

I wish I could have gone, I ended up working today. Too bad you can't go with us on Sunday.

How was the last obstacle coming out of the trail that Wells talks about?
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

I'm 90% ready Bob! Next time you've gotta call me up! Next weekend I hope to finish and be 100%...
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        Great Report and it looks like a great day of wheelin'. :thumbs_up

I wish I could have gone, I ended up working today. Too bad you can't go with us on Sunday.

How was the last obstacle coming out of the trail that Wells talks about?
        we went around it which still proved to be a little of a challenge.....
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          I'm 90% ready Bob! Next time you've gotta call me up! Next weekend I hope to finish and be 100%...
          You'll like Sidewinder....lots of fun...short trail with tremendous views.
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

that second area you went looks pretty cool! how far is that from Sidewinder? Did you attempt to do Broncos peak? I cant wait to get on those trails again. its getting hotter out though....PISMO here I come!
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

How the Hell did I miss this thread?! Bob, I'm sorry man. I have to get with it and keep up with your exploits! Ain't those two trails a blast! I love 'em. NO LOCKERS BABY!

Nice pics. Lets go do this soon, heat be damned...

Rat
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Great job Bob. Looks like you getting ready for Sledge !!!!!! Rookie run 2008
                moon buggy
                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                  that second area you went looks pretty cool! how far is that from Sidewinder? Did you attempt to do Broncos peak? I cant wait to get on those trails again. its getting hotter out though....PISMO here I come!
                  Not far miguelito...just east on 8 10miles or so, exit inkopah, east 1/4 mile to the kisoke....go uphill. Its not hot out there, it has some altitude. some being the key word.

No worries, Kurt, we'll do it someday.....

Say Stuart.....hmmmm jeeps got a long ways to go to be ready for Hammers...... your funny. Joy would absolutely kill me. Ask Kurt.
                  How was camping down Jamul way?
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Say Stuart.....hmmmm jeeps got a long ways to go to be ready for Hammers...... your funny. Joy would absolutely kill me. Ask Kurt.
                    How was camping down Jamul way?[/QUOTE]

It is so much cooler there than here. we had such a good time down south there. Hope to go again this summer. Hope to see you out there soon also !Would you be up for a Miller run ? PM me
                    moon buggy
                    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

That looks like an awsome place to wheel......... I would like to go next time you guys do.

Brett
                      offroadwerkz.com
                      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Now I know I can do Sidewinder! Looks like you guys had a blast running a couple trails. Elliot Mine is a great run, with the views of the valley of the moon and all the old mineshafts. The first trail I did after getting my jeep, good times.

Comment

My son wanted to see if his stock Toyota Tundra could do 'Sidewinder', so I said, "come on along and I'll show it to ya". We went out on Sunday morning, just the two of us in my jeep. About a quarter of the way into it, he decided, "yeah, I dont think my truck could quite make this stuff." At the last obstacle we came across a small group of jeeps and one Landrover. They were all stock and suffered severely trying to make the bypass. I just wondered how they made it to this point. But it was good to have my son see how a stock vehicle does on rough terrain. Up to that point, my jeep was making it all look pretty easy.
                          Yup, great times. Happy Fathers Day, to all who read this.
                          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                            That looks like an awsome place to wheel......... I would like to go next time you guys do.

Brett
                            Only thing is, Brett, its a long drive for ya and this area is not that big. Still, I guess if you go camping somewhere close, it would be worth the trip.

BobO
                            (Charles Wells)

Comment

I guess we did it backwards, still had a blast on the 4th. Boy was it hot out there! That Bronco Connector is some squirrely trail. We passed on that, but did Bronco Peak.

http://www.adventure4x4.net/waiting/...ead.php?t=1454

Denis

Comment

Working...
                              X